Saturday 31 December 2016

Season's greetings

This past year has brought both positive and negative experiences for me and my husband, especially on the health side, but creatively, 2016 has been an amazing year. I have created more cards than in any previous year and received wonderful recognition for various creations. The cards I enjoy making the most are Christmas card, so it is only fitting that I bring you another Christmas card for my 100th post of this year.


I created this card today for this month's Rerun challenge over at the Winnie & Walter blog. I love that they feature an older stamp set each month and inspire us to give this stamp set a little more love or to create something inspired by the creations from the design team.

I started by stamping the solid poinsettia image (In Bloom: Hollie's Festive Florals, Winnie & Walter) repeatedly using Altenew's Coral berry ink. I loosely followed this month's STAMPloration sketch (flipped). Next, I stamped the outline image using Grapevine ink, also by Altenew. After deciding where I wanted to stamp my sentiment (Winter Woodland, Winnie & Walter), I stamped the heart of the surrounding flowers using my new Tsukineko Delicata inks.

I thought I was being smart getting the Quartet set containing 4 mini ink pads, but I had no idea they were fixed in a single row and are therefore rather useless (or very inconvenient to say the least) to ink up larger stamps. However, for my tiny flower hearts they worked great. For the flowers, I used Celestial Copper, and then decided to stamp a few more to fill in the white gaps between my poinsettias. For this, I used both Celestial Copper and  Golden Glitz. And I can only confirm the findings of other card makers that they are deliciously shimmery in real life.

I stamped the sentiment in Archival black ink and mounted my panel onto an A2 card base of pearlescent off white cardstock. Lastly, I wrapped some Hemptique twine in cream & gold around my card and tied it into a bow.

Challenges:
Winnie & Walter Rerun No. 17 - In Bloom: Hollie's Festive Florals


Allsorts - 396 Something new (my new Delicata inks)



CHNC - 314 Anything Christams goes

CHNC Extra - Always Anything Christmas goes

SSS Wednesday challenge - Anything goes

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Marianne, I love the poinsettias and simple design, absolutely stunning ❤

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another really stylish card Marianne and perfect for our Allsorts theme, many thanks for joining in.

    I was pleased to read your update on my blog and pray 2017 will being nothing but good things for you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year dear Marianne en A✨ja je hebt prachtige kaarten gemaakt dit jaar. Hoop voor jullie op een goed nieuwjaar en veel tijd om ons te verrassen met je nieuwe creaties. Ook deze kaart vind ik weer heel mooi gedaan.😘Ineke✨

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creation is beautiful and thank you for entering our challenge theme of SOMETHING NEW, at Allsorts Challenges, do hope to see you again. ♥
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your year was amazing on the creative side and I'm so glad I got to see it all! This one is another beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a BEAUTIFUL card with which to end the year... congrats on 100 posts as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Marianne.
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts' New Something week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the CAS design!! Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining STAMPlorations' December challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TThanks for joining us at all sorts this week Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely card, Marianne! I love how you used the sketch with In Bloom: Hollie's Festive Florals. Thank you for joining in again on our Rerun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete