This weekend, I managed to squeeze in a little crafty time to create a card for a couple of fun challenges, using some NBUS PTI supplies.
I created a background wash using some yellow W&N watercolour paints, and then created splatters using Payne's grey. I die cut the Splits: Best Wishes from both wc cardstock and vellum, stamped the image in Slate grey pigment ink (Studio Calico) and heat embossed in clear. I wasn't sure which of the two I was going to use, but in the end I decided to use them both, layering the vellum on top of the cs version. Before I did, I splattered some Payne's grey onto the cardstock version and added a touch of grey using a grey Copic marker. I heat embossed the sentiment in Liquid Platinum onto the vellum piece. I swiped my Slate grey ink pad across the edge of my base panel before adhering my watercolour panel using extra strong double sided tape.
- #327 Yellow and grey
watercolouring, heat embossing, die cutting, vellum)
- #240 Photo inspiration