Friday 30 December 2016

Just because...

After a week of lazing about, I decided it was time to create a new card using some of the supplies from the Black Friday sales that arrived last week. I was inspired by a couple of challenges and a technique video by Jennifer McGuire that I watched again this week. The technique is about negative space colouring. So instead of colouring the image, I left the image blank and coloured only the outside, using distress ink blending.


I used my MISTI to stamp the beautiful flower image (You are enough, Concord & 9th) in a light ink colour and then stamped it again onto a piece of masking paper. I cut out the image and masked off the image on my white panel before blending various distress inks in wintry hues (tumbled glass, broken china, faded jeans and seedless preserves) using my Clarity brushes. After the ink had fully dried, I stamped the image again in Versamark ink and heat embossed it using Liquid platinum embossing powder. After cutting my panel to the desired size, I added the sentiment (Brushed blossom, Concord & 9th), which I also heat embossed in Liquid platinum.

I mounted my panel onto a dry embossed (Starry night, Sizzix) A2 card front using foam tape and added a few sequins as a finishing touch.

Challenges:


Allsorts - 394/395 Blue Bingo
(3rd row horizontal - masking, dry embossing, blue and purple)

SSS Wednesday challenge - Anything goes

AAA Cards - #80 Silver






7 comments:

  1. Wauw, wat een PRACHTIGE kaart! Alles zo in eenvoud en eenheid.
    liefs Inekeđź’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely beautiful Marianne, it has such a serene feel to it with the soft muted colours and beautiful bloom. It's perfect for our theme and I am so pleased you joined us at Allsorts challenge.

    Than you also for your lovely Christmas card, it was such a surprise to receive but a very nice one.

    Wishing you and hubby a Happy New Year and hope it brings good news on the health front.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... I'm still surprised by this whole Black Friday thing - and had so far not given craft supplies a thought in that context! Something to look forward to in 2017! Great card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue is my favorite color and your blend here is fabulous, Marianne! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to make silver a star of the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. I love this image, and own it, but have not used it yet. You've certainly inspired me!!! Love the embossing, distress inking and that wonderful stark white flower and bard base. Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards Silver Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sad you missed the deadline, but so glad you left your link in the comments because this is gorgeous! I love that you left the flower white and blended the ink behind it...such an eye-catching design! A new Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge starts on the 9th. I sure hope you'll come back and join us!

    ReplyDelete