Sunday 4 December 2016

AAA Cards #79 Christmas

I'm delighted to be making a guest appearance on the AAA Cards blog for Game #79, which is all about Christmas.


This fortnight's challenge graphic inspired me to create a card featuring the traditional green, red and silver using stamps from a set that came as a free gift with a crafting magazine from the UK.


I 'inked' up my stamp using Letraset Aquamarkers and gave a light spritz with water before stamping. I worked from light to dark, spritzing more water for my lighter colours in the background and spritzing less water for my darker foreground image. After heat embossing my ornament in liquid platinum embossing powder (Ranger), I coloured the image by scribbling on an acrylic block with a red marker and picking up the colour with a damp brush. I stamped the red bow using pigment ink and used some silver thread to 'hang' my ornament. The sentiment was stamped in Archival black ink. I also heat embossed the edges of my panel using liquid platinum ep and adhered my panel to a red card base (Schoolhouse red, SSS). As a finishing touch, I added a little clear Wink of Stella to the ornament and the bow.


Have you finished creating your Christmas cards for this year? If not, why don't you go and check out the AAA Cards blog for more inspiration? I would love to see you play along.


I'm also linking my card up at:
CAS on Sunday - 97 Christmas
Allsorts - 392 CAS
52CCT - Pick a previous - April theme #49: Christmas foliage



13 comments:

  1. Prachtige kaart, subtiele kleurgebruik, hierdoor chique uitstraling.
    Mooie diepte effecten door je verschillende kleuropbouw van het groen en je kerstbal-embossing, straalt. A nice challenge idea, Marianne. X Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely wonderful! I love how you managed to get dimension - and light - into that beautiful branch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love how you have created the fern stamping and so pleased you are our GD for this challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards as Guest Designer. Your pine branch is fantastic. the different shades of green give it so much depth and dimension. It's a wonderful take on the inspiration photo, and a perfect CAS Christmas creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your Guest Designer spot :) I love this - I love the effect that the watercolour markers give - the spritzing on the stamp before stamping is gorgeous - hazy and just adds the right touch for the bauble which is so nice and red and shiny. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful! Love the way you've been inspired by the AAA Cards challenge graphic. Great to have you as Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very stylish creation for our CAS theme this week at Allsorts Marianne, many thanks for joining in. Thanks also for your kind comments abut Alex.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your CAS creation is beautiful and thank you for entering my challenge theme of CAS [clean and simple]at Allsorts Challenges, do hope to see you again. ♥
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to have you guest designing with us at AAA Cards this week and what a stunning and glistening Christmas make. Beautifully done and so festive. Hope you get lots of lovely visitors to your blog. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely and stylish card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts CAS week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. Realy great having you as guest designer and you truly stepped up - what a great idea using the photo as inspiration (bizarrely I hardy ever do!!) and I have to say that ornament is gorgeous. Love the embossing and the tree branch. Gorgeous!!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the GD spot. Your card is so beautifully CAS and I do like the pretty bauble. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this month! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hugs, Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete