Wednesday 5 January 2022

Using up scraps

Hello everyone! Welcome back!
I was determined to join the fun at the Snippet's Playground this month, so I sat down in my craft room and decided to revisit an old Love from Lizi card kit (Nov 2019). I knew I had several scraps left after creating the cards from this post.


For my Winter Wishes card (top left), I cut a pinkish PP scrap in two lengthwise and placed it on either side of a strip that I cut from one of the 6x6 papers from the kit, leaving a small gap. Next, I die cut two snowflake borders (NBUS die from an older Crafter's Companion card kit), from two white snippets that I'm always left with after creating top panels for my American-sized  A2 cards using regular A4 Neenah cardstock. I decided I did not like the small gap between the black and pinkish strips, so I added peel-off strips from the card kit. To finish off, I used one of the sentiment decoupage elements from the kit.

For my Season's Greetings card (top right), I used a scrap of green linen cardstock and trimmed it to the perfect height for my card. I used one of the toppers from the kit and framed it with more peel-off strips. I stamped my sentiment on another snippet of PP from the kit and added peel-off strips to the top and bottom. To finish off, I added a few decoupage elements to the topper.

For my Joyful Wishes card (bottom right), I used a scrap of PP and trimmed the top so that it would fit my card. I matted it onto a scrap of black cardstock. I was left with a small strip that had the perfect width to place behind the sentiment element from the kit and to show off the ribbon (also from the kit). To finish off, I added a few Nuvo drops that either came in this kit or another LfL kit.

For my Snowflakes card (bottom left), I used more white cardstock snippets for my snowflake borders, as well as another snippet of PP. I heat-embossed one of the sentiments from the kit and did some ink blending around the circle. I created a mat for my circle using a snippet of glitter cardstock. I finished off with a small decoupage element and Nuvo drops.

And then I decided to create my ultimate snippets card.


I still had a few strips of PP left as well as a snipped of the pinkish cardstock from my previous card. I cut most of these strips in two lengthwise and adhered them to a snippet of black cardstock After the panel was complete, I trimmed it to size and matted it onto a snippet of Centura pearl (not sure if you would call it rose gold or bronze), after die cutting the sentiment using a NBUS die. To make the sentiment stand out a bit more from the busy background, I cut a mat from vellum using the outline die.
I adhered everything to a Centura pearl card base.

It felt great creating 5 cards for my 2022 Christmas card pile AND using up some scraps in the process!

I'm entering my New Year's card into the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - #418 Mega Christmas draw
Making these cards definitely kept me from making mischief LOL

SSS Wednesday - Something new

My Snowflakes card (bottom left) is playing at:

Make my Monday - #165 Snowflakes


8 comments:

  1. You’ve made some wonderful snippets cards here Marianne.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Marianne - super use of snippets as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! It's so great to see scraps being used like this. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Great job with the snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards. great designs and so glad you shared over at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many scraps I'll never get to the bottom of them. I love your inspirational cards. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great use of all your snippets. Your ultimate card is my favourite, love that style xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely cards! I just now managed to straighten out my creative nook after the fundraiser frenzy, so hopefully I can get going on some serious crafting soon! Thanks for your gorgeously adorable card! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete