Monday 31 January 2022

Oceans of Happiness

Hello everyone. Hope your week is off to a great start. 
I managed to create a card in the nick of time for the current Under the Sea theme at Let's Squash It!

This was a perfect opportunity to take out my NBUS stamps and embossing folder that came with a UK crafting magazine (Creative Stamping 97) that I recently ordered in a sale.


I started by die cutting a panel from CC watercolour card using a stitched rectangle die (SSS). Next, I used one of my NBUS Tim Holtz diffusers that I have had for a few years but never used so far (because I could not find them when I actually did want to use them ... sound familiar?). I had intended to centre my embossing, but the diffuser shifted. I decided to go with the flow and love how it turned out in the end.

I used a brush to wet the embossed area before dropping in some smooshed distress ink colours and used a foam applicator to add a little Faded Jeans on some of the raised area once the panel was dry. I used Juniper mist ink (Catherine Pooler) to stamp some small fish and add colour to my sentiment strip before heat embossing one of the sentiments from the stamp set.

The dolphins from the set were stamped using Memento black ink, coloured in with Copics, fussy cut and popped up on foam tape.


To finish up, I did some stamping on the inside using Juniper Mist. The happy birthday sentiment is from a SSS stamp set.

I'm linking up my card at:

Let's Squash It! - #16 Under the Sea




SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

SSS Monday - Use an embossing folder

ATSM - #421 Make your mark


Passion for Markers - #625 Embossing 
(heat or dry - I used both)

Stamping Sensations - Stamping and dies


12 comments:

  1. A beautiful, clean and simple design to this lovely card. your embossing looks amazing and really sets the scene for those wonderful dolphin images. Thank you for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good effect with the embossing and diffuser and lovely dolphins. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever and creative design! Love how you created the embossed seawater and the dolphins are so handsome! Great use of the diffuser - I have some of these somewhere but never figured out how to use them lol!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully stamped and so delicately coloured Marianne, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking and fabulous card. The embossing with the diffuser looks amazing and what cute dolphins x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely looking card with lovely colouring and image. Thanks for joining us over at PFM this week. A new challenge is now up to play along with...:)
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done. A really pretty card. Love the colors and the dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card ! Gorgeous blue shades for your embossed sea and your final design with the dolphins looks so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous inky techniques!! Love this wonderful card. Beautiful wavy embossing folder. Fabulous card inside and out!!
    Thank you for joining us Under the Sea at Let's Squash It!

    <3
    Janis
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, and I love your attention to detail too! Thanks for getting Squashy with us, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card and great job with the diffuser plate. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue has been missing in nature here for weeks on end (that is to say we haven't seen the sun in ages) so this card speaks to me in more than one way... And I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete