Wednesday 20 October 2021

Snowflakes, stencilling, PP and stockings

To make things a little easier for you (and for myself), I decided to group my last three pink Christmas cards together in a single post. After all, each of these card inspired the next one.

While browsing the web, I spotted a pink card with translucent embossing paste over an ink-blended background. I copied that idea, using one of my non-Christmassy stencils by Stamperia. After my panel was dry and die cut using my stitched rectangle die (SSS), I added some gold splatters (that don't really show up in the picture but add a nice sparkle IRL). To finish off, I simply added 2 stacked snowflakes (SSS) and a previously stamped and die cut sentiment (SSS Christmas word mix).

I thought I could create a similar look using some patterned paper that I had already cut to size. I did blend some coral pink ink around the edges and behind the snowflake. I added Nuvo drops to the ends of the snowflake to match the yellowish elements of the PP.

For my final card, I used another sheet of the PP to create my hanging stockings. I had already stamped a die cut a bunch of these stocking images last year. They were originally designed as cookies (Gingerbread Fun, Paper Discovery), but I think I can use them any way I like. I did some quick colouring using my Copics. I created a faux wood plank by scoring a strip of kraft cardstock and swiping it with a grey-brown ink. The sentiment (from an older stamp set by Technique Tuesday) was heat-embossed in gold. For a fun touch, I decided to hang the stockings using some brads from my stash, so that they can move.

I'm linking up my cards at:

Jingle Belles - Dreaming of a pink Christmas 


As always, the first JB challenge in October
is all about pink holiday cards. 
And for every card that is being linked up 
this fortnight, the lovely Jingle Belles, 
Lauren and Stephanie, will each be donating 
2 dollars to the US Breast Cancer Research Foundation

I'm also linking up my first card at:

HLS - Anything goes with stencils


CCAYR - Sth. starting with S and/or T (Snowflake)

==========

My second cards is also playing at:

Christmas 24 - #40 Simply snowflakes

==========

While my third card is also playing at:

CHNC - #564 AG Christmas (optional: stockings)


9 comments:

  1. well you definitely know how to finish strong... the last three cards do not disappoint and i love how each one led you to what to try for the next one! thank you so very much for sharing all of your beautiful cards and helping us raise money for our dear Pink Christmas cause at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hanging stockings are absolutely genius! Love those. You have such great ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool background and fun card designs ... thanks so much for joining our PINK Celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous backgrounds ad love your snowflakes and stockings, gorgeous cards..
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh lieve zus, wat ben jij hier lekker creatief bezig geweest.
    Wát een leuke kaarten. Vooral de hangende kerstsokken vind ik zó origineel. Het is genieten om jouw roze kerstcreaties te bekijken in afwachting wat de volgende zal zijn. Dus, veel plezier ermee. Xx Ineke💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what elegant cards, especially the snowflake ones. You really rock pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. très jolie création Marianne, le rose lui sied a ravir, merci de jouer avec nous chez Christmas 24, biz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete