Tuesday 19 October 2021

Showing off my deer dies

This past year, I have been adding several NBUS deer dies to my die collection. So far, I owned only one (plain) deer die, the baby deer on the card in the middle. I'm happy I'm getting a chance to use them all so soon.


I had a single 6x6 sheet left of this muted pink patterned paper. I had used the sheets from the paper pad on my Christmas cards last year. So to make the most of my sheet, I cut it into three 2-inch strips, stamped the trio of trees from a Stamper's Anonymous set in a brown-grey ink and also blended a little ink around the panel and adhered each panel onto a white mat before adding the panels to my card bases. I die cut the deer from plain white cardstock and blended two colours of brown ink from the top and bottom. To finish off, I used a mix of previously stamped and die cut sentiments (Christmas Word Mix, SSS).

I'm linking up my cards at:

Jingle Belles - Dreaming of a pink Christmas

As always, the first JB challenge in October
is all about pink holiday cards. 
And for every card that is being linked up 
this fortnight, the lovely Jingle Belles, 
Lauren and Stephanie, will each be donating 
2 dollars to the US Breast Cancer Research Foundation

NBUS - #31 Anything goes with never before used stuff


Stamping Sensations - Animals, birds and bugs

HLS Christmas - Anything goes (optional: Joy)


HLS - AG with dies


Sparkles Christmas - #129 Flora and/or fauna


9 comments:

  1. The design of these is very pleasing on the eye Marianne and such elegant Deer, beautiful Christmas cards.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I think I've said "this one's my favorite" for each of your beautiful links but I'm going to say it again bc WOW! Love that you saw a single scrap of awesome pink text paper and immediately knew it could be THREE fabulous cards. (& those deer are awesome too) Thank you ever so much for another fab link for our Pink Christmas fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fabulous little holiday scenes ... the offset design is so lovely ... thanks so much for joining our PINK Celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Marianne, love these regal deer, and the perfect trees behind them! What a fun color combo, too - great use of scrap! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can practically hear the peacefulness of these scenes (being out in the snowy woods, not much to hear to at all, actually). Such gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prachtige set kaarten, met eenvoudige ingrediĆ«nten, maar zo'n mooi stilleven effect. The trio of trees blijf ik ontzettend mooi vinden, met herinneringen dat we samen aan kerstkaarten werkten. Liefs Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards - thanks for sharing with us at the Christmas Sparkles Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really lovely set of cards. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these! Great design, Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies!

    ReplyDelete