Monday 16 May 2016

Stamping with gelatos

When I saw this month's Mix it up challenge prompt (Essentials by Ellen Hutson + Savvy Stamps), I was determined to play along. Although I only own 2 die sets, containing a total of 3 dies by Savvy Stamps, I thought I could make it work...


For the background, I stamped the gorgeous Mondo Hydrangea stamp (which I selected after my name came up as a winner during the latest release blog hop) several times using gelatos to 'ink up' my stamp and then spritzing with water before stamping. This technique was inspired by these cards by Laurel Beard. I die cut my panel using two stitched rectangle dies (SSS) and mounted the outer frame to my purple card base using foam tape. I die cut the bicycle (Savvy Stamps) using a scrap of apple green cardstock and adhered it to my centre panel, snipping off the excess. After heat embossing my sentiment (Clearly Besotted) in gold, I adhered the panel into the opening in my frame. As a finishing touch I used a green Promarker to add a little green to the flower hearts, followed by a little Wink of Stella.

Challenges:
CAS Mix Up - Stamping, heat embossing + gelatos & die cutting
CAS-ual Fridays - CFC147 Birthday girl
Time out challenge - CAS with the optional twist of purple in honour of Sandie's birthday
SSS - Flowers

 






10 comments:

  1. Great design and layout Marianne! Love how you've recessed the center panel. And your mondo hydrangea stamp looks amazing done in gelatos. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hydrangea frame, Marianne! And that bicycle is gorgeous in green! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - love the softness of the hydrangea in the background and the lovely green of the bicycle. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very eye catching card Marianne, the green of the bike really pops against the purples, great colour choice.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the floral background! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je kaart ziet er gaaf uit! Mooi gecombineerd en chique! Dank je wel dat je meedoet met het feest op TIME OUT! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic!! I love your layout and how you included only a portion of that bike! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background and fabulous design. Thanks for joining my party x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely! The green dots in the flower hearts are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your use of gelatos for the background stamp! Great layout with the recessed panel. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete