Tuesday 17 May 2016

Happy Holidays Shaker

I have another card for the Ellen Hutson mix it up challenge, combining Essentials by Ellen with Savvy Stamps. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have only 2 die sets by Savvy Stamps and this sentiment die had never been used before, but I thought it would be fun to use it on a shaker card. Just perfect for this fortnight's Jingle Belles challenge, where the lovely Belles are inviting us to 'Shake, Rattle & Roll'.


My card also fits the the theme of the following challenges:
CAS Mix Up - Stamping, heat embossing + sponging, die cutting
ATCAS - 88 Midnight

Ingredients:
Distress inks: tumbled glass, broken china, stormy sky
Embossing: Versamark ink, SSS white embossing powder
Snow stamp: Merry & Bright, Essentials by Ellen
Dies: Savvy Stamps (sentiment), Home & Hearth, Essentials by Ellen, Stiched square by SSS
Snow paper by Marianne Design
Sequins: sparkling clear and winter snow mix (PPP), moonshine (SSS)




Edited to add a link to the Seasonal Scene building class by Nichol Magouirk for Altenew Academy. Even though I created my card before the start of Lesson 6 about shaker cards, it fits the theme of this lesson, so I'm hoping other students may find additional inspiration from my card.

11 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! I LOVE your shaker. Cute banner die and beautiful soft background. This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun shaker card, Marianne! I love your distressed background and the die cut village! And the sentiment is just perfect! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this cute little shaker scene ... so glad you were able to shake, rattle & roll with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, wow what an amazing card. The lucky person who gets this will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful and creative holiday shaker card Marianne. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! What beautiful colours and such a lovely festive scene. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're taking my breath away, truly! What a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, i am IN LOVE with this! yowza! what a brilliant card generally, and an absolute KNOCK OUT as a shaker! thanks for coming along to "shake, rattle and roll" so inspiringly with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shaker card! Love your colours and beautiful sequins. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this is such a pretty shaker card! Thanks so much for playing along with the interactive card challenge at Jingle Belles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and fun shaker card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete