Tuesday 24 May 2016

A 'fruity' butterfly

I have another one-layer card to share for the current One-Layer Simplicity challenge, where the theme is Fruit smoothie.


For my card I lightly stamped the small butterfly (by Gina K) from the Stamp of Approval Beautiful World collection in Antique linen distress ink (using my MISTI) onto a card made out of smooth Bristol and then carefully blended in some Picked raspberry and Squeezed lemonade distress inks using a water brush. I then overstamped the image using Memento Elderberry ink. After that, I added a little more colour to the image. The sentiment is from the same stamp set as the image. I stamped a second sentiment inside the card, which reads: But don't let the world change your smile. Love the sentiments of this stamp set as much as I love the images!

To add a bit of interest, I scored a frame around my image and sentiment using my Scor-Buddy, and of course I could not resist adding a little clear Wink of Stella to my butterfly.


Challenges:
One-Layer Simplicity - OLS27 Fruit Smoothie
Mixed Media Card Challenge - MMCC23 Reflection + optional: water (I used 'reflection' in a figurative sense - my sentiment - and used water to colour in my image)
Stamplorations Theme & Sketch challenge - Theme: anything goes with stamps
Stamplorations CAS - Anything CAS goes, optional colour twist: magenta








8 comments:

  1. So classy, I love the frame and the subtle sense of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheer elegance Marianne.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, elegance is the word here - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, elegant CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card in CAS style! ♥
    Thank you for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very classy looking card, the simple embossed frame really makes it.
    So pleased you linked up at STAMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply Splendid..the score lines add a classy touch! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations:)

    ReplyDelete