Wednesday 3 July 2024

A cup of cheer

Hello everyone. I'm back with another shaped Christmas card.

I had intended to CASE these cards I had created for the previous Jingle Belles challenge using a large oval die I thought I had, but I could not find it. Instead, I found this NBUS stamp and die set by Crafter's Companion, called Craft in a Mug. Thanks to its large size, it was perfect for creating this shaped card.

I did some partial die-cutting to keep the mug and cream parts together, and then added my stamping. The sentiment is from an older Penny Black set, called Festive Cheer. After doing some ink blending on the mug and Copic colouring on the cream, I decided I wanted to add the sprinkles from the stamp set, and heat-embossed them in gold. 

I used my finished mug as a template to create the back of my card, again using partial die-cutting. I added a scoring line along the left side of the mug and used strong double-sided tape to adhere the ears together.

To finish up, I stamped, heat-embossed and die-cut the spoon from the CC set, added a little shading using a Copic marker and used glue dots and some festive baker's twine to adhere the spoon to the mug. I also added a few sparkly gold stars.

I'm linking up my card at:

Jingle Belles - Shaping up for the Holidays

NBUS - #64 AG with NBUS


Shopping our Stash - #525 NBUS

6 comments:

  1. oh WOW! Another amazing shaped card design... LOVE that adorable mug! So happy you could join our SHAPED card challenge at Jingle Belles once more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shaped card Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a yummy mug of holiday cocoa ... so glad you SHAPED-up with us again at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful shaped card with a fabulous sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers!! This is great!! Way to go shopping your stash and playing with your NBUS stamps and dies. We are glad you joined the fun and played along with our "never been used stuff" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash.
    Deb Horst, DT #SOS525

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so delicious, Marianne! My mouth is literally watering and my eyes are loving all the schparkle! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete