Wednesday 19 June 2024

Revisiting a simple patterned paper technique

Hello everyone, I'm popping in with 3 quick cards using a patterned paper trick I also used last year. It's an easy way to use up some of those patterned papers some of us have been hoarding. I have this big 12x12 paper pack by Crafter's Companion with lots of coordinating papers in different colour themes.


I started with 3 panels that I cut to be slightly smaller than my card size. Next, I stacked them and used my trimmer to cut each stack into 3 pieces. I then divided them over 3 cards so that each card had 3 different patterns on them. 

I die cut my Li'l gnome (SSS) from some scraps in colours that matched the colours of my patterned papers and added these to a sentiment panel (paper included in the CC paper pack) that I die-cut with a die from one of Catherine Pooler's old Stamp of Approval boxes. I went around the edges of the sentiment panel with a little Cranberry Fizz ink (CP) using a blending brush. I used Copics to colour in the nose and add definition to the beard.

I'm linking up my trio at:

Jingle Belles - We Three Kings or Three of a Kind

Sparkles Christmas - #161 Use die cuts

The Holly and Ivy - #165 Anything Christmas goes


4 comments:

  1. Super schattig kerstkaartjes met zo`n leuk papier en statige gnomes. Dankjewel voor het mee doen bij The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge. Groetjes Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this set of cards turned out, and that is one of the cutest gnome dies out there! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards!
    Thanks for playing along this month at Sparkles Christmas Challenge
    Debbie - SCC DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable. Thanks for joining my theme over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete