Sunday 23 June 2019

Ombre Christmas

Hello crafty friends! Are you aware that Christmas is only 6 months away? How did that happen?!
It does mean that I need to get serious about building up my Christmas card stack.

So here I am with another Christmas card.


After watching Lydia's video (through the link on the CAS Mix Up challenge blog) on ink blending methods, I was inspired to pull out my Clarity brushes and CP inks to do some very soft ink blending to create an ombre effect. It was amazing to see that even the smooth Neenah solar white cardstock shows some kind of texture when you blend inks this way. I started with Stone Blue and Daydream, and then carefully blended in some Juniper Mist along the top edge. I had purposely cut a larger panel than I needed for my A2-sized card, so that I could trim off any harsh edges. I used the strip that I trimmed off from the top to heat emboss my sentiment in gold ep and then die cut the sentiment strip using an MFT slider die, in 2 passes through my die cutting machine/


The sentiment die is by Christina Griffiths (Card Making Magic) and I die cut it from white glitter cardstock as well as white fun foam for added dimension. I popped up the sentiment strip using very thin foam tape.

I'm playing at:

CAS Mix Up - Ombre, stamping +
 ink blending, heat embossing, die cutting, glitter (cardstock)


HLS Christmas - Anything goes




CHNC - #443 Anything Christmas goes 

Sparkles Forum - #117 No patterned paper

13 comments:

  1. Lovely Ombre card, so soft and pretty. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to cut off the harsh edge and then use as a sentiment strip. Wonderful ombre effect and such lovely colours. The fabulous die cut sentiment looks stunning x Thank you for playing along at The CAS Mix Up challenge and yes Christmas won't be long in coming x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh! Don't remind me! I love using my ink blenders to add colour. It really does give a lovely look to it, much more subtle. Love the die cut sentiment. It's fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found that time to craft Marianne, but the thought of Christmas when Summer only arrived in the UK this weekend. It's a lovely CAS creation and such perfect ink blending.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful die, Marianne, and your beautiful ombre background is the perfect way to show it off! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card Marianne! Love your softly blended background with the large die-cut sentiment. Awesome design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops ... thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The white die cut sentiment looks great on your beautifully blended background, Marianne. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Happy Little Stampers June "Anything Goes With Dies" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, HLS Dies Team
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love your CAS card. Your ombre background is perfect.
    Thank you for joining our Happy Little Stampers game.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, creating Christmas cards - creating anything for that matter - is so far down the priority list here... I will have to find something that's easily mass produceable. What a gorgeous card, though, love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple yet stunning. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful ombre card. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete