Friday 19 April 2019

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to all of you who are celebrating this weekend. Here in Greece, Greek Orthodox Easter is being celebrated next week, so it makes more sense for us to celebrate along with the Greeks next weekend.

I do have an Easter card to share. When Uniko was having a fabulous sale a few weeks ago, I could not help myself. I just had to order a few products I had been eyeing, such as the Passiflora stamp set and the Broken lines stencil, and they arrived within a week. Woot! I used them both to create this card.


I love that Bev has included those tiny spirals that are helping the plant climb. I think they add extra interest to the design.

I used glitter embossing paste to create my background. I had masked off the area where I wanted to add my embossing paste, but then decided I liked it better with a die-cut frame on top. The images were stamped using CP inks. After die cutting all of the elements, I blended a little ink (Lemon ice) to the tips of the petals. The sentiment (from an old sentiment set by Clearly Besotted) was stamped using Grape Crush ink (CP)

After I had created my card, my husband invited me to take a look in the garden, since our own passiflora had started flowering as well. We had planted them in our garden back in the Netherlands, and we were thrilled to discover that the previous tenants of our current house had planted one as well. 



I'm playing at:

CAS Stencil - Embossing pastes/gels


Uniko - #52 Spring (optional: Easter)


Stamping Sensations - April showers bring May flowers

Sparkles Forum - #115 Flowers or religious









11 comments:

  1. Wow Marianne, your Passiflora is blooming so early, our's is usually out in July and August and only then if the weather is just right, the welcome Joy's of living in Greece for you.

    A delightfully elegant card as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again Marianne to add my thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Een prachtige kaart Marianne! Heel chique en elegant. Bedankt voor je deelname aan onze challenge bij Stamping Sensations. groetjes en alvast een hele fijne Pasen. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it was my favourite set from the release! Isn't it gorgeous? I love those little tendrils too. We had one in our garden and I'm so glad you have one in your house in Greece. Happy Easter next weekend. We are usually weeks out of the Eastern church's Easter, so it's nice to be almost the same time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card, Marianne! Your broken lines add so much dimension and it's the perfect background for your lovely Passiflora! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stamped and colored flower with your subtle stenciled with eb paste background, Marianne. TFS your gorgeous flower photo too. So pleased you joined us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely flower on both your card and in your garden Marianne! Your glittery line stenciling is beautiful behind the bloom! thanks for joining us in the CAS Stencil challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bloom! Love the soft shimmer from the striped stencilling, thankyou for joining in at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely passion flower card, I used to have one in my greenhouse in a previous house, a bit cold for them where I am now.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love passion flowers - my neighbor also has one that has taken over a whole wall. And your card puts it center stage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so elegant! do love the flower.

    Thanks for joining us today

    Sparkles Monthly challenge
    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete