Monday 30 November 2015

Deck the Halls Birdbrain

It seems I am on a roll when it comes to creating Christmas cards, and about time too, because Christmas is approaching fast and I still have quite a few cards to make...


Fortunately, this card came together quite fast. After printing this adorable Free Stamp of the Month November chick (Deck the Halls Birdbrain) by From the Heart Stamps, together with one of the accompanying sentiments (this one really cracks me up), I used my Spectrum Noir coloured pencils to add a soft layer of colour and then blended it using a paper stump and odourless mineral spirits. I cut the panel using my SSS stitched rectangle die, matted it onto some pink cardstock from my stash and adhered it to an A2 sized card base. As a finishing touch, I added a little clear Wink of Stella and coated the ornaments and eyes with Glossy Accents.

Challenges:
Merry Monday - 182 Birds
The Challenge - 53 Non-traditional Christmas card
SSS Wednesday challenge - Anything goes
SSS Work it Wednesday November - Holiday cards
The Cutie Pie - 93 'Simply' Cute and Christmassy






15 comments:

  1. Great coloring and funny, cute card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOHHH - I love the colors you've chosen to use for your Stamp of the Month at From The Heart Stamps!! So beautiful. I always have difficulty achieving a nice pastel color. Great job and so glad you joined us this month. I'm looking forward to our new image in a few days. Hope you are too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have designed a cute card..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again.. I left a message earlier about your delightful card, but I also wanted to invite your over to my blog as well at:http://victoryfirst.blogspot.com/ I am new in the blog community and just wanted to share hope you can join my followers. Blessings. and Thank you ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. hI Marianne, what a lovely card, thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how lovely! What a cute image and yes, the sentiment does crack me up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie this little birdbrain is!
    LOve the fun sentiment too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so incredibly cute and so non-traditionally Christmas...but in an awesome way! Love the image....I can almost feel my heart race just thinking about how this wee avian is rushing to get things done! Thanks for making me smile and for sharing your card with us at 'the challenge' :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marianne, this is totally adorable! Great coloring, fun Glossy Accents on the eyes! This really made me smile! (I think I look like this when we decorate our tree!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, so cute! ... Thanks for playing along with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh another Birdbrain fan! Love it!! And the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marianne this little bird brain is so darling!!! I'm sure happy to see her in The Challenge gallery! Fabulous coloring, and hilarious sentiment - awesome!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. An adorable card, Marianne and a wonderful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete