Friday 6 November 2015

Funky Christmas tree

A few days ago, my husband came home with a box containing the Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic collection. The stamps and dies in this collection were hand-picked by Catherine Pooler and are just wonderful. I think this is the first time that I broke into my new stamps within 3 days of their arrival into my house.



I'm always having a hard time deciding which stamps to use first, but this time I let myself be inspired by the interesting colour combination over on the CAS Colours and Sketches blog. After picking my ink colours (Dark Chocolate by Papertrey ink, and Dandelion and Elderberry by Memento), I grabbed the Bright Baubles set by Neat and Tangled (none of the products in this SOA collection have been released to the general public as yet) and set to work, using my MISTI and a die cut panel I saved from a previous project (cut using a stitched rectangle die by SSS).

I stamped the tree trunk in brown ink and then added the various baubles in Dandelion and Elderberry ink. I also used my Elderberry ink to stamp the sentiment (from the same N&T set) and the background borders (Holiday Trimmings set by Winnie & Walter; also included in the SOA collection) on my base card. For some festive shimmer, I went over the baubles, star and background borders with clear Wink of Stella and adhered the stamped panel to my base card using foam tape.

Edited to link this card up to the Parade of SOA Holiday Cards.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
CAS Colours & Sketches - 149 Colour combo
ATSM - 169 CAS
52CCT - Pick a previous theme (21 Christmas trees)
Aud Sentiments - 144 Bingo + sentiment
 (middle column: stitching - stamp - glitter)





17 comments:

  1. What a fabulous funky Christmas tree and I just adore the non-traditional colours too. Another lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bright and inviting colours for your funky tree Marianne.

    Hope you have a good weekend and that things are looking on the up for you and hubby.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very contemporary and I love the colour combo! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bauble tree, what a gorgeous modern stamp - will be looking out for its release. Thanks for using the colours from CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, and I like the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely CAS Card! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Aud Sentiments Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very lovely - like the rather unusual color combination (unusual at least when it comes to Christmas!)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stamped combination works so well in our CC&S challenge colours and makes for a Christmas card that's just a little bit different. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful CAS card and lovely colours! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week! Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job with your new toys, Marianne! I love this modern design in the fun colors!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really interesting tree stamp! The funky design is great with our challenge colors. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this modern, funky design! Wonderful job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. c'est une tres belle carte Marianne, un design modern et élégant, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card design really showcases the image beautifully! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab tree image! I am very happy that you chose to 'christen' it with the colours from CASC&S. I love non traditional Christmas cards and this one is a beauty
    Thanks for playing along
    Louise http://lvanvuren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant designed card, lovely added goodies Marianne. I have also joined your blog and if you want to follow me please feel free to also enter my candy. I also love the poinsettia card you have made below as well...cheers,
     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulously CAS - a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight and hope to see you again soon. Wishing you a Happy Christmas too!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete