Sunday 6 December 2015

25 Days of Christmas Tags - Stocking

I have one more tag to share for Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event.


When I saw Tracey's own tag on day 25, I immediately thought of the stocking image that I had printed out ages ago and still had not coloured. Since I didn't want to cut the image in half to fit on a tag, I decided to create a mega tag to fit the image, which suited me just fine, since it allows me to send it as a Christmas card. I coloured the image (I could not find the original on my computer just now, so I will need to check later whose artwork this is - update: found it; Long stocking by From the Heart Stamps) using SN alcohol markers after drawing the lines on the stocking to mimick the pattern on Tracey's image. I cut my tag from a few scraps of red cardstock and layered a piece of zigzag patterned vellum (Papertrey Ink) on top. I printed the 2 sentiments (SSS) onto a scrap of cardstock that I had coloured with my lightest blue marker and adhered them using foam tape. I finished off using a piece of ribbon and fibre from my stash.

I'm also entering my tag/card into the following challenges:
52CCT - Pick a previous 2015 challenge 
(Colour combo #43 Red + white + anything but green)
ATSM - 173 Holiday
Beccy's Place - Anything goes
CSAYL - 61 Christmas gift

7 comments:

  1. Your "mega tag" is fabulous Marianne, and a fun way to send a Christmas greeting. You did an awesome job with the colouring, and I love the way you layered the words over the image. I like your choice of background papers and ribbons too. Great job!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tag to make someones Christmas present very special Marianne.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute tag! I love the vellum part and the image a lot! Thank you for playing in our holiday challenge at ATSM. Will we see you again soon? Creative regards form stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est un superbe et adorable tag Marianne, malheureusement nous sommes un challenge de cartes de noel, peut être peut tu nous proposer une autre création? Merci tout de même de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cute stocking! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, and it makes a wonderful card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love that cute stocking. Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with our last challenge of the year at 52CCT. Have a very Happy Christmas, and see you next year!

    ReplyDelete