Monday 9 October 2017

WCMD MFT Christmas trees

Hello and welcome to my blog. I spent the afternoon creating a few cards in honour of World Card Making Day, inspired by a couple of WCMD challenges out in blogland.

Fist up, I have two cards using a NBUS Christmas tree die by My Favorite Things. For my first card, I die cut the tree from a panel of Sheena Douglas stamping paper, blended some Distress Oxide inks behind the aperture, added some water splatters and then adhered my panel on top. The Merry sentiment (Essentials by Ellen) was die cut from gold glitter cardstock and adhered using liquid glue. I did layer part of a second die cut behind the middle letters so it would not sag.


Challenges:

My Favorite Things - WCMD #2 Die-namics designs


Winnie & Walter - WCMD CAS with Heather


SSS Wednesday - Christmas

For my second card, I used the positive die cut. I started by heat embossing Dec 25 image (Happy Christmas, Winnie & Walter) in white (SSS).  Next, I used the same DOIs as above to add ink to an acrylic block, spritzed with water and then smooshed my tree into the ink. I then took the acrylic block to stamp onto a small panel of watercolour cardstock, dried my panel using a heat tool and then stamped again with the acrylic block, after rotating het block 180 degrees. I die cut my smooshed panel using a die from a W&W die set (Essentials: Noelle Cutaways), adhered this to my dark green cardbase (SSS) and then popped up my tree using foam tape after winding some gold thread around it.


Challenges:

My Favorite Things - WCMD - #3 By the numbers

Winnie & Walter - WCMD Smooshing with Lydia


Winter Wonderland - Anything goes

SSS Wednesday - Christmas



6 comments:

  1. Ja,mooie kleurige kaarten geworden.😘Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both, but the CAS beauty really touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cas cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Love the wonderful designs! Such pretty colors too!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inking and simplicity! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun cards! I admire how you thought of the possible sagging in the first one and took measures to prevent it.

    ReplyDelete