Tuesday 31 October 2017

The Ton October challenge

I have been wanting to play along at The Ton for a long time, but I have to confess I only own one of their stamp sets so far. They have some amazing stamps and their new releases are always wowing me, but I also get overwhelmed by the many designs. It's so hard to pick a favourite.


Anyway, when I saw the October moodboard at The Ton's challenge blog, I was intrigued by the image at the bottom left (see below). The swirls in the image reminded me of the swirls in the Christmas set that I own (Holiday Flourishes). In addition, I have been wanting to try out the Antique linen DOI on dark cardstock ever since I saw a video where Tim Holtz was demoing the new inks.


I started by stamping the swirls of the Holiday Fourishes set in Antique linen DOI onto black cardstock and grabbed some random solid stamps from other sets to stamp the middle area in Vintage photo DOI. I lightly spritzed my panel from a distance to activate the inks, causing them to 'light up'. Next I stamped the small outlined leaf images in Vintage photo around the area where I wanted to pop up my sentiment panel. I die cut a circle out of my panel (Lifestyle crafts) and heat embossed the sentiment in Silver pearl embossing powder (Ranger). After adhering my panel to a Neenah desert storm cardbase and popping up my sentiment panel using 3 layers of white cardstock, I embellished my card with rhinestones in clear, pale pink and pale blue.

I'm also linking up my card at:

Christmas as Sweet Stampin' - Anything Christmas goes

SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

The Merry Christmas challenge - #40 Anything Christmas goes


9 comments:

  1. This is so dramatic Marianne, I would never have thought of using Antique Linen on back but will certainly be giving it a go now.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking and original, an elegant and fabulous Christmas card Marianne.
    Thank you for playing along with our October Challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin’
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely looking card. Love the dark colours and the lovely design. Thanks for playing with us over at TMCC.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! I really love the ethereal look of it. I have two distress oxides and haven't tried them on dark card stock, but you make me want to! Love this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful take on that section of the moodboard - and the rhinestones are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful crd and beautiful stamp. I love the look of the pale ink against the black cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dit is: zelf creatief zijn. Knap gedaan, Mar. Xx Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dreamy and dramatic at the same time, Marianne ... the DOX colours against the dark cardstock glow wonderfully ... fabulous with the glint of rhinestones! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete