Sunday 22 October 2017

Stenciled landscape

When my sister was visiting, she brought some crafting supplies with her. Some of these I had ordered from a shop in the Netherlands, some she had found at a bargain price and decided to bring as a gift, and some to show me to see if she should order them for me as well.

One of these was a fun mask/stencil by John Next Door (Landscapes), containing both the postives and negatives. I decided to give it a quick work-out before my sister was taking it home again. It was unlike anything I had done before and super quick too, but I love how it turned out. The card was inspired by a challenge on StampNation and some of the sample cards by the SN design team.


The next day, my sister had another surprise for me. She had contacted her supplier to see if he could order another stencil for her, so she could leave her stencil with me, and he did! So I get to play more with this stencil. Yay!

I used Altenew warm greys for the mountains and tumbled glass DI for the sky and the bits of water. For the trees, I used Distress Oxide ink (peeled paint), because I had to cover up part of the mountain, and the pigment constituent of the DOI did the job perfectly. One of the mountain masks even had a tiny bird. How fun is that?!

The sentiment is from the Lovely Notes SOA collection by Catherine Pooler.

5 comments:

  1. This one ticks all the right boxed for me Marianne, sky, mountains and landscape, I love it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This an example for beautiful cards just with a few pieces of paper and decoration!

    Kind regards from Germany
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaha...mooi geworden hè? Kan niet wachten totdat ik het stencil zelf weer heb.😎 Kijk uit naar jouw verdere ideeën hiermee.😘 Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, perfect inking especially love the sky :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a wonderful card. Where are my hiking boots - the backpack is already packed!

    ReplyDelete