Wednesday 4 October 2017

Another NBUS card

I will continue to try and use my virginal crafty supplies, regardless of Darnell's fun NBUS challenges, the last of which is ending tonight.


For today's card, I smooshed the greens that were left on my acrylic block after colouring my previous card onto a panel of watercolour cardstock I had on hand. Love the way those colours turned out. I coloured one of my NBUS Crazy birds using Inktense pencils and a brush onto a different scrap. I fussy cut the bird's body and paper-pieced it onto the stamped image on my background panel. I used a scrap of dark purple Core'dinations card for my sentiment strip to ground the bird and to repeat the purple of the bird. The sentimen is from an ancient NBUS Birthday sentiments set by CC Designs. Last month, I finally cut up the sentiments from the rubber block. I added glossy accents to the eyes.

Challenges:

Less is More - #348 Watercolour


ATSM - #262 Make your mark




Penny Black and More - Close to nature

Seize the Birthday - Anything goes (no toppings for me)






13 comments:

  1. Grappig! En het lijkt wel een wereldkaart. Het geeft diepte.
    Mooie kleurencombinatie.
    😘 Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love that sentiment lol :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic sentiment. A fun departure from the regular belated birthday wishes. Beautiful watercolour smooshed background. A lovely card, Marianne. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...what a fun card! Love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Grins) You made me smile with that fab sentiment Marianne! That is one cracker of a card with the quirky, crazy bird and the lovely smooshed background. It might be right on the edge of CAS but it is superb! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you've coloured the bird and created the background! thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. This is a perfect background for that crazy bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Love the background. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and cute card!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely - love those crazy birds and you have coloured this one beuatifully. Great background!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slowly catching up after holidays Marianne so rather belatedly popping in to thank you for sharing your pretty creation with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm starting to catch up on all your recent posts - that bird is too cute and I just love the colors on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smooshing is such a great technique and it created a fabulous backdrop for your crazy bird. Love the blues and greens together too against the white, very crisp and fresh. So glad you joined us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete