Friday 20 October 2017

OCC Merry Making - non-holiday stamps

The cards I am showing here were inspired by May Park's creations for Day 3 of the Merry Making class. She used tone on tone stamping and non-holiday leaf stamps to dress up her Christmas cards.
I played around with the leaf image from the Stylized Autumn set by Papertrey Ink and this beautiful sentiment from the Festive cheer set by Penny Black.


For my first card, I used Ivory Centura Pearl cardstock from Crafter's Companion and Versafine sepia ink.


I'm linking up this card at:
CCAYR - Monochromatic browns

For my second card, I decided to stamp the leaves using Distress Oxide ink in Peeled paint.


I'm linking up this card at:

STAMPlorations - October theme and sketch (I went with the theme)


For my third card, I used green cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment in Platinum embossing powder.


I'm linking up my trio of cards in the following challenges:

Penny Black  - Holiday Headstart challenge


CHNC - #355 Anything Christmas goes (optional: stripes)

CHNC Extra - Always Anything Christmas goes



13 comments:

  1. Great cards, love the leaf stamping which really works
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely and simple - never fails how embossing can raise a simple card to another level. These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR October challenge, Hazel, DT – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant stamped cards, looks good in all colourways Marianne.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant is the word I was looking for, I totally agree with brenda. A beautiful set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Het gebruikte ivoor pearl cardstock maakt deze kaarten extra chique, inderdaad zeer elegant, zo mooi door jou bedacht.
    Liefs Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and elegant cards. Love the other colours you used too. Thank you for entering our monochromatic browns challenge at CCAYR.
    Hugs,
    Lena, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so understated and gorgeous!!! The large sentiments really make a statement and the leaves frame them perfectly. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so elegant - no fancy bits and pieces at all and they really work so well! Love them all tbh! Thank you for entering the CCAYR (Monochrome Browns) Challenge this month. Lots of luck and I hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so fun that you have used three different mediums to create the three cards. They look gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations and I hope you join future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For people who send a lot of Christmas cards, this is the PERFECT design. All of the elegance without extra postage! Thank you for playing along at STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card sets! Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete