Friday 20 October 2017

Pink Christmas - 6 cards

As October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, many challenges call for pink cards, and of course the Jingle Belles challenge is no exception. As always, the lovely Jingle belles, Lauren and Stephanie, will each be donating 2 dollars to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for each pink holiday card that is being linked up this fortnight.


I started with a card that was inspired by this card that Kristie Goulet had created for the release of the new Stamp of Approval Winterhaven Collection by Catherine Pooler (which has by now sold out). Since my SOA box has not arrived yet, I decided to CASE Kristie's card using the supplies I already owned. And after the first one, I just could not stop, so here goes:


I masked off a portion of my card and blended some pink and lilac inks and then stamped the silhouette sleighing stamp from the Inkadinkado set that was still lying on my table from the Christmas cards that I had made with my sister. The sentiment is by Winnie & Walter.

I'm linking up my card at:

Jingle Belles - Pink Christmas ... for the cure!

Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT19 Winter sports


On my second card, I used another silhouette stamp, from a set that came with a crafting magazine. This was the first card that I had inked up but I found it was too dark for my sleighing scene but it's just perfect for this card.


I'm linking up this card at:

HLS - October Christmas challenge


HLS - October CAS One layer


Next, I decided I could change the orientation of my card, and decided to use a NBUS stamp set by Simon Says Stamp featuring these pretty falling stars and a sentiment stamp by PTI. I had added splatters to my inking, but wanted a cleaner look, so I made another one without the splatters, which I like better.


 

I am linking up this card at:

LIM - #350 OLC Stars


ATSM - #264 CAS


Tuesday Throwdown - #365 CAS

Next, I used the falling hearts stamp from the same SSS set as above. I had already stamped the sentiment on multiple cards using my MISTI. I needed to cover up a pink smudge, so I selectively inked up 3 hearts and stamped these over the smudge, creating a new, black, smudge. Arrrgh! So I stamped one more heart to cover this up and then another one to balance it out, and I really love how it turned out in the end.


I'm linking up this card at:

CAS-ual Fridays - CFC185 Think Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness


For my last card, I used another silhouette stamp from the Inkadinkado set.









21 comments:

  1. I love how you used non-traditional colors for your Christmas cards...your idea of the falling stars is so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Marianne they are all gorgeous! CAS perfection here, thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful variation of cards. Beautiful colours and ink blending. A perfect background for your black stamped silhouettes. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created an amazing collection of cards! They're all wonderful and I also love how the one with the smudge cover-ups turned out - couldn't have been better if you had planned it like that. You should link them ALL up over at the Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all gorgeous, Marianne. Such a simple concept but all so effective. The falling stars is perfect for LIM and I love the rooftops silhouette too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. quelle magnifique carte Marianne, sobre et si charmante, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant collection of cards. I love the vivid inking which really shows off all your different stamping ideas. All fabulous.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning set of cards, I really love silhouette stamps and all of these are beautiful
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful collection of cards! Thanks for playing along at the Cas-ual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That ink blending is magical ... and so perfect with those silhouettes ... so glad you joined our ♥ Pink Christmas... for the Cure! ♥ at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards, the pink panels look so effective with the stamped images x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Het was indrukwekkend om al deze kaarten bij elkaar te zien staan, bij jou. Zóó mooi. Je bent er terecht trots op. Ga ook zoiets proberen.
    Liefs Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  13. very lovely creations here!! A new challenge started today at Tuesday Throwdown - we hope you can join us - thanks for entering the last challenge - have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow, wow, WOW... times 6! these are absolutely magnificent! from the ink blending to the splatters (or without, lol) to the choice of silhouette stamps and greetings... THIS is the kind of post that makes me think i could "mass produce" cards... because they'd all still be unique. well done, you! and thank you very much for all 6 versions which have helped us raise even more money for the breast cancer research fund via PINK XMAS at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a great set of cards - thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete
  16. All so very very pretty, what a wonderful way to make a stunning collection of cards for Christmas and in my favourite colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful set of cards , great design...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful CAS cards, awesome technique. congrats on the shout out at the Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your collection of cards, great use of the sponged panels.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for all these stunning inspirational designs, Marianne! I'm so in awe!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW all these are Gorgeous! love them so much and I am not a pink fan either but they are fabulous!!
    hugs me x

    ReplyDelete