Thursday 19 October 2017

Merry Making class - Bokeh background

Today's cards were inspired by Kristina's bokeh/snowflakes card on day 1 of the OCC Merry Making class. Just as with the previous OCC cards, my sister and I tackled this challenge together. So much fun!


After I had selected the blue distress inks, I gave my sister the purple inks so that we could work at the same time. After we had blended our inks, we created our bokeh dots and then went on to select the snowflake stamps we wanted to use.


I selected a wood-mounted background stamp by Hero Arts (Stunning Snowflakes) that I have had for many years. For my sentiment I used a new to me die by Penny Black (3 layers of cardstock with 2 layers of silver ep) and a white heat embossed sentiment strip (Brushstroke Christmas, Essentials by Ellen).


My sister selected a stamp set by CAS-ual Fridays, which was part of an older Stamp of Approval collection. She loved this set so much that she took it home today, while I ordered a new set when I ordered the latest SOA collection, which could arrive any day now. The sentiment is from the same Essentials by Ellen set that I used and was heat embossed in silver.

Challenges:

CHNC - #355 Anything Christmas goes (optional: stripes)

CHNC Extra - Anything Christmas goes

ABC Christmas - U for Unlimited, V for Vibrant

Cute Card Thursday - #500 Snowflakes

A Snowflakes Promise - Anything goes 

The Holly and Ivy - #17 Anything Christmas goes


9 comments:

  1. Stunning cards, love the colours
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love them both - and the bokeh dots in particular which I see for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, absolutely beautiful!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seeing amazing cards come from this class. Your bokeh is fantastic and both cards are incredible! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful designs - just stunning!
    Thanks for sharing with ABC Christmas Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards thanks for sharing with us at the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge. Hugs, Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set of cards
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Extra Challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards so pretty! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty HazelNuts Christmas challenge extra this month :-)

    ReplyDelete