Tuesday 30 May 2023

Celebrate in style

Hello everyone. Thanks for stopping by. Today, I have a birthday card to share. 
I created the smooshed background by picking up some sprayed inks using a piece of acetate and spreading it onto a panel of watercolour card.


I used a previously stamped and coloured butterfly (English Country Garden, Uniko) from my UFO box. If I remember correctly, I started with a smooshed panel to stamp the butterfly and then added detail using coloured pencils. Although I have the coordinating die, I decided to fussy cut the image because I did not want the white border to show on this card. To add more interest, I decided to go over the bottom part with a black marker and then embossed the entire butterfly using clear embossing powder. Below is a close-up, giving a better idea of the glossy finish. I stamped the sentiment (Sentiments Outlined, Uniko) and the antennae of the butterfly onto my panel before popping up the butterfly.


I'm linking up my card at:

Cupcake Inspirations - #570 Anything goes


We love stamping - Anything stamped (option: in the garden)

Allsorts - #730 Anything goes

CAS on Friday - #258 Embossing

HLS Birthday - Anything goes


HLS Watercolour - Anything goes


SSS Wednesday - Add a sentiment

I'm also linking up my card at
Ellie's I spy with my little eye challenge #3 Something with wings 

11 comments:

  1. Great card! Really like the font (outline) sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Marianne - love the soft background and the gorgeous colouring on the butterfly. Thank you for linking up to We Love Stamping this month, and using the theme.
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for our challenge this week, thank you for joining us at Allsorts .
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful butterfly creation!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job love the butterfly, the background is so pretty, show the card off very well. Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love smooshing! Turned out beautiful on your card - Thanks for joining in at HLS Watercolor Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echt práchtige kaart, Alie en ik bewonderen de uitwerking. Liefs, Ineke☀️😘

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beautiful butterfly focal point. Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Have a crafty day!

    Revati DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Butterflies, butterflies, butterflies!! They will always be my favorite!! Your card is so pretty!! Thank you for joining us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back again :-) finally catching up a bit with my own challenge. Thank you so much for playing along at I spy with my little eye, too, so nice to see this beauty linked up there!!

    ReplyDelete