Friday 1 November 2019

All white ..almost

Hello crafty friends. In some parts of the world, November has already started, so it's high time to get started on those Christmas cards, if you haven't done so already.


I still needed to create a card for the October Rudolph Days, so it had to be quick and easy. This card was inspired by one of the cards that Kristina Werner created for het 2019 Holiday card series. I loved the all-white card that she created using a 3D embossing folder. I don't have any of those (yet), so I simple used a 'normal' embossing folder (Sizzix). I heat embossed the sentiment (Right at Home)  using gold embossing powder (Papermania) and matted my panel onto some gold Centura Metallic cardstock (Crafter's Companion).

November 1st also marks the start of Beccy's annual Month of Holday Cards challenge. The prompt for day 1 is something starting with 'A', so I thought this (almost) all-white card fit the bill nicely.

I'm also linking up my card at:

CHNC - #461 Anything Christmas goes

Crimbo Crackers - #196 Anything Christmas goes

SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Marianne. I love the CAS style and the gorgeous embossing folder you chose. Matting the sentiment on a piece of gold card stock was a wonderful idea. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossed background!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heel stijlvol, Mar. Toch nèt even anders als een gladde ondergrond.
    Xx Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card. I love the contrast of the gold embossed sentiment against the white embossed background!

    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again. Just noticed that your entry is marked Nov 1.
    The Oct challenge ended at midnight on the last day of October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stylish card - and that sentiment is quite something, too. I've seen (and liked) it in your pink series, too, but I have to say it looks better here.

    ReplyDelete