Sunday 7 October 2018

WCMD 2018 and Pink Christmas for the Cure

Hello and Happy Word Cardmaking Day! I hope you enjoyed or are still enjoying a crafty weekend!

Although World Cardmaking Day was actually on October 6th (the first Saturday in October), there are several fun events and challenges being posted the entire weekend. So instead of doing some long overdue tidying up and organising, I used the small area that was still visible on my craft desk to create some cards. My actual working space is not much larger than the area you see in the picture below that I took for the introductory Crafty challenge at the Winnie and Walter blog.


October is also breast cancer awareness month, and that means it's time for the annual Pink Christmas challenge at Jingle Belles. As always, the lovely Belles, Stephanie and Lauren, will donate 2 dollars each to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in the US for every pink Christmas card that is being linked up this fortnight. This does'n mean your card should use only pink, but pink should be promininent on your Christmas card.

Last year, I managed to link 12 cards, so I thought I would try and top that this year, so here is the first one.


My first card was inspired by the current Rerun challenge at the Winnie and Walter blog. Since I don't own the Typecast: Cary stamp set that was being featured this past month, I created a project based on the inspiration card that Crystal made. Her clean and simple letterboard look in pink and grey black ink (Black Jack by Catherine Pooler), was just what I needed to create my all pink Christmas card.

I used my MISTI to stamp the OH stamp from the Bubble talk set (W&W) 3 times (upside down) and then stamped 3 small snowflakes (Merry & Bright with Evelin T Designs, W&W) in a visual triangle. After scoring my panel, I foam mounted it to my pale blue A2 card base and added soft pink rhinestones from my ancient stash to the centres of my snowflakes.

I'm linking up this card at:

Jingle Belles - Pink Christmas ... for the Cure


W&W Rerun 34 - Typecast: Cary


W&W WCMD - CAS with Heather




SSS - WCMD2018


SSS Wednesday - Let's get ready for Christmas






4 comments:

  1. CAS perfection ... love the scored lines ... so very glad you shared your PINK with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhh my goodness, this is the cleverest thing EVER! what an awesome card and a brilliant use of the OH/HO stamp! thanks for celebrating "PINK XMAS" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥ (i'm excited to see if you can break your record from last year... bc 12 was already so awesome, thanks verymuch!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Marianne :-) I love the CAS design and the pink, very pretty :-)

    Congratulations you have won the $50 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully straightforward! And yes, I'm awfully far behind looking at your wonderful creations... congrats on the win at Simon Says Stamp!
    Cheers, Barbara

    ReplyDelete