Thursday 13 September 2018

Seize the Birthday - Die Cuts or Punches

Hello everyone! I'm super excited to announce that I will be making an appearance as the Surprise Party Guest at Seize the Birthday for the next 3 months.


When I received an e-mail from Nancy asking me if I would be interested in joining her and the team as their Surprise Party Guest until the eind of November, I simply could not refuse. I enjoy playing at Seize the Birthday and am always in need of birthday cards (who isn't?). Besides, playing along could not be easier. The only real requirement is to create a birthday card. The toppings are always optional.


This fortnight, the toppings (optional theme) is Die Cuts or Punches, so I pulled out my new MFT dies again (I still had them taped together from a previous project last month) and an older heart balloon die by Marianne Designs.


Before die cutting the sentiment, I created an ombre background using my new MFT cloud stencil and three shades of blue distress inks. I mounted my panel onto a dark blue mat and adhered this to my A2 card base. I added a little sparkle to my balloon using a SN glitter brush and foam mounted it onto my panel.

Do pop over to the Seize the Birthday challenge blog to check out the inspiration from the talented ladies of the Design Team. I would love to see you play along this fortnight.

I'm also linking up my card at:

SSS Wednesday - Pop it up

Pixie's Snippets Playground - #334 Always AG with snippets 
(mine's a snippet of red cs for my balloon)

ATSM - #309 CAS




17 comments:

  1. Congratulations, dear sister 🎉🍾
    Wat een fantastische verrassing voor je. Wat een eer.
    Geniet er lekker van. 😘 Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you join the party for a few months, Marianne! Beautiful birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you as our Party Guest for the next 3 months Marianne. Love your birthday card with the glittery balloon. The cloud background looks dimensional with the 3 colors of ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah!! What a fab card for the challenge. Love that balloon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so lucky to have you the next few months Marianne. You sure started your term with us with a fabulous card! Love the stenciled sky and the bold birthday greeting! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, Marianne! Love the design and how beautifully CAS you've kept it. Thanks so much for joining our ATSM Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome straight die cutting! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Marianne! I love the sky with the dark sentiment and then the pop of the red balloon floating upwards!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being the Party Guest, excellent choice! The card is lovely - the clouds couldn't look any softer!
    Cheers, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, and welcome to Seize the Birthday challenge. We are so very glad to have you for the next three months. I absolutely love the clods on your card,, a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very cute and pretty, Marianne ! Love the cloudy sky and bold letters in blue. The red balloon really is eyecatching ! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge !

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic CAS card,love your bold letters and heart fits perfectly...Thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the party! Love your party balloon floating up over the clouds :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marianne, this is super-cute! Love your cloudy background! And welcome to STB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card! Have fun with your GDT gig, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you can join us! Your background is amazing and the pop of red is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love this die sentiment. Made for a great bday card.

    ReplyDelete