Monday 24 September 2018

Peace and Party

It's the 24th of the month today, and that means it's time to post my cards for a couple of my favourite challenges in order to enter them before the linkies close.


This month's Twofer challenge was all about Leaves, and I decided to use one of the leaf images from my NBUS Geometric Greenery set by MFT to create both a Christmas wreath and some rainbow balloons.


For my Christmas wreath, I made some light pencil marks to divide the top part of my panel into 8 equal parts and then turned my panel each time to stamp the leaf into each segment with the help of a grid block and my Catherine Pooler ink (Eucalyptus). I stamped each leaf again, slightly offset, using second generation stamping (to cover up a booboo), but in hindsight I wish I had simply started over for a crisper look. I will probably redo this card anyway, since it's perfect for creating multiples. The sentiment was stamped in red (Peppermint Scrub, CP ink) and since this ink stays wet a little longer than other dye inks, I immediately sprinkeled clear embossing powder  (Hero Arts) on top and melted it with my heat tool. I added 3 more layers of clear ep to create a bolder and smooth glossy effect. The thread-nest image was heat embossed in gold (Papermania). Both stamps are from an older Studio Calico set. I adhered my trimmed-down panel to a red card base and popped up my fussy-cut centerpiece using thin foam tape.


For my birthday party card, I used masking to give my bitty bear (MFT) a bunch of leaf balloons to hold instead of the original umbrella. I then used additional masking on my panel and my stamped images to do some soft background blending using distress inks (Tumbled glass and Pumice stone), and then coloured in the images using Prismacolors. To finish off, I stamped the sentiment and attached my panel (Bristol from a Tombow lettering block) to a white Neenah card base.

I'm linking up both cards at:



My wreath card is also playing at:

CAS Christmas - Wreath


HLS Christmas - Anything goes


My birthday card is also playing at:

Stamping Sensations - I spy ... 'B' 
(bear, blue, brownish, birthday, balloons)

Pile it on - #146 Think big and/or one layer

Crafty Animals - #18 Anything goes with animals







8 comments:

  1. These are amazing, Marianne! You are so clever to first make a gorgeous leafy wreath for your Christmas card and then, oh, my, make a leafy balloon bouquet for your bitty bear! Adorable!! Excellent stamping and masking and blending! Thanks so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #9! I have corrected the InLinkz linkup, so please come back and enter the gallery! Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for letting me know!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful use of this stamp, Marianne! I love how you've stamped them in a circle for the wreath and the embossed circles look like gold thread without the frustration of getting it to stay in shape! I'll remember that trick! The little bear is adorable with his balloons! Great job of masking and sponging! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What clever cards you've made, Marianne! LOVE the leaf balloons - such a brilliant use of the leaves! And your wreath is lovely. Two amazing cards, and I'm so glad you joined us at the Twofer Challenge this month! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job stamping the leaf image at an even angle to make a wreath, Marianne! The layered embossed sentiment must look so shiny in real life.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!
    The bitty bear card is so cute too. Love the leaf balloons. Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wreath Marianne. Great idea to mark out equal parts of your wreath circle for stamping the leaves. LOVE the bold and glossy red center. Your bear with the balloons is so sweet. Great design with your masked and sponged strip. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge and the CAS Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two sweet cards Marianne and what a clever idea to use the leaves as balloons, many thanks for joining in with our 'I Spy' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two terrific twofers. Very creative use of the leaf stamp with no actual “leaf” card. The balloons are adorable. Fantastic symmetrical stamping of the wreath. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Wreath challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards and love that bitty bear - thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete