Thursday 1 March 2018

WW Using up scraps - 3 cards

I have 3 more cards to share for the 4th birthday bash celebration at the Winnie and Walter blog.
These three cards were made using only scraps, which was the challenge that Kelly had in store for us. The cards were fairly quick to make, if you're not counting the time I spent on gathering my scrap panels and bits that I had stored in different places. I still have enough scraps, including panels and card bases left to create a few more cards. Anyway, this was a fun challenge and it made me combine items I might not have combined otherwise.

So here goes:


A smooshed panel that I created earlier this month using Catherine Pooler inks. See my card here to see how I used the first of my three panels. My current panel was created using watercolour card, an embossing folder and Inka gold. Such a totally different look! The critter (watercoloured usingTombow markers) is what was left after creating this card.

I'm linking up this card at:


W&W 4th Birthday Bash - Use your scraps with Kelly

W&W 4th Birthday Bash - Die challenge with Lydia

52CCT - Watercolour



--------------------



A test panel using up some left-over gold acrylic paint that was left on my craft mat, a white glitter card die cut and a left-over fussy-cut poinsettia that had been coloured using alcohol markers

I'm linking up this card at:


W&W 4th Birthday Bash - Use your scraps with Kelly

W&W 4th Birthday Bash - Die challenge with Lydia

W&W 4th Birthday Bash - Inspiration challenge with Gayatri



Merry Monday - #279 Poinsettias



--------------------



A small, splattered panel, a left-over die cut and a coloured critter that I found in one of my boxes. I decided to add three of the stray sequins that I had found in one of my containers with bits and pieces.

I'm linking up this card at:


W&W 4th Birthday Bash - Use your scraps with Kelly

W&W 4th Birthday Bash - Die challenge with Lydia

SSS Wednesday - Anything goes



13 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card, Marianne! I like the clean and simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you have been busy Marianne, so many lovely cards with great designs.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job pulling together your leftovers, beautiful poinsettia...the card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you colored the poinsettia, sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all! You are doing so well with all your scrap usage. I feel slightly ashamed I am very bad at that! Love that little bird with the big hat - he's so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Ruth: I love them all but I've fallen in love with the little bird embellishing the congrats sentiment.
    Cheers, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use up the scraps we all have. It prompts creative thinking and you've made 3 different but inventive cards. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poinsettia is coloured beautifully! Love the brushed gold background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I love the swiped background great take on this weeks challenge. Thank you for joining us over at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for joining us at Merry Monday with your beautiful poinsettia and glittery noel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. très mignonne carte Marianne, cette scène est adorable, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful holiday cards! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your first card is beautiful...love the gold painted area.
    The second card is so very cute and full of fun!

    ReplyDelete