Thursday 21 September 2017

MFT Pure Innocence

Hello. I'm back with my third and last card for the annual MFT Card Design Superstar contest. I am by no means an accomplished colourist with any medium, but when I saw Sandy Allnock's recent Create in Color post at the MFT blog, I decided to take out the only Pure Innocence stamp I own (Fresh Squeezed) and sat down to do some watercolouring using my Winsor & Newton paints, thinking I would at least get some practice even if it did not work out. And I have to admit, I enjoyed both the process and the result. Yay!


After stamping my image using black Archival ink onto my watercolour panel, I started with a wash of blue at the top for the sky and a wash of green at the bottom for the grass. I then decided the grass was too dull, so I added a mix of greens to create the mottled effect, and also used these greens to paint the illusion of trees in the background. I added in a little brown for the shading below the sweet little girl. In hindsight, I think I could/should have added a dirt path the way Sandy did, so that's a lesson for next time lol.

After my background was dry, I painted the image. To finish off, I stamped the sentiment, added a little Wink of Stella to the blue bands of the dress and glossy accents to the shoes and glass, and adhered the panel flat to an aqua blue cardbase.

Below is another picture giving a better view of the glitter and glossy accents (click on the image to enlarge).


I'm linking up my card at:

MFT 2017 Card Design Superstar - Coloring Viruoso


CAS Mix Up - Stamping, watercolour wash + 
watercolour paints, glitter, glossy accents


HLS Watercolour - Anything goes






6 comments:

  1. Het resultaat van je inspanning mag er wezen. Leuke stempel heb je om hiervoor te gebruiken. Xx Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Watercolour Wash background for your sweet Pure Innocence little girl:-) TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Marianne! Love your beautiful watercolour wash background. Great job with creating the line of trees. And your little girls is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed the watercoloring. It shows! Love the way you've added "texture" to the grass! Great job! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad you decided to join in the challenge and gave your paints a good work out. I love this sweet scene and the background you've painted. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for making a watercolor scene! :)

    ReplyDelete