Tuesday 25 July 2017

Roses, embossing paste and gelatos

Here's another card that had been waiting patiently to be finished off with a sentiment. I finally settled on a simple black sentiment strip using Altenew's Label love set and foam mounted it with a silver thread nest. This way, I did not have to cover up much of those pretty roses.


I started out with a panel of watercolour card that already had a touch of pink from some left-over distress ink after doing some ink smooshing for another project. Through a stencil (Old Rose Prints, Artplorations), I applied transluscent embossing paste (Dreamweaver) that I had mixed on my craft mat with three colours of metallic gelatos. While the embossing paste was still wet, I sprinkled a little sparkling embossing powder (Wanderlust by WOW, created especially for the latest SOA collection by Catherine Pooler). Because I did not heat set it right away, much of the embossing powder blew off when I finally did try to heat set the powder, but the little powder that did melt gives a lovely subtle sparkle in real life. 

Challenges:

The Flower Challenge - #10 Embossing (heat/dry)




More Mixed Media - Anything goes (option: pastel)


HLS Mixed Media - Texture



6 comments:

  1. Inderdaad zulke mooie en grote rozen om hĂ©lemaal te laten zien. Prachtig. X Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning looking card, another technique I need to try. I have not tried the embossing powered on the embossing paste. Beautiful flower stencil. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever way to keep most of these wonderful roses in plain sight! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and cool technique - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful colors on a beautiful card
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful .... what a pretty stencil. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge xx

    ReplyDelete