Friday 25 March 2016

Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Cup of Kitty

When I was browsing the files on my computer for some coffee or tea themed digital stamps, I came across this Time for Tea digital collection by Nitwit Collections that I purchased years ago but never got to use. Sound familiar? In addition to some lovely papers and embellishments, I also found this 'swatch', which instantly reminded me of the new sketch at CAS Colours and Sketches.


I decided to combine the swatch with a Cup of Kitty, a digi stamp that I purchased from Tiddly Inks not so long ago. To cover up the swatch number at the top, I used one of the violet flowers from the digital collection. After arranging the digital elements in Word in the bottom left corner of a Letter sized document, I placed duplicates of my kitty and violet in the bottom right corner of my document and sent this to my printer to be printed onto Neenah solar white cardstock.

I coloured my duplicate image using Spectrum Noir coloured pencils, blending the colours using odouless mineral spirits and a paper stump, and then fussy cut the image and the duplicate violet (to which I had also added a little extra colour using my coloured pencils). I mounted them onto my scored and cut card panel using foam tape. To finish off, I added a few sequins, glossy accents and clear Wink of Stella and rounded the corners of my card.

Edited to add: After reading some of the comments, I think it's only fair to add that the sentiment was already printed onto the swatch. That's why I thought this kitty in a cup would make the perfect focal point for this background.

I'm linking my card at:
Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop
CAS Colours & Sketches - Sketch 166 (see below)
Cards in Envy - Just purple
Polkadoodles Crafting challenge - 12 Cream and sugar
ABC Challenge - D is for Delicious




40 comments:

  1. Great sketch and you did a fine job with your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, this is just crazy cute and pretty! Lovely colors and a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this card? I love the sentiment and how it stair steps down the card. The little image is adorable too. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy for our "just purple" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet card! The image is adorable, and the sentiment in each block adds so much interest! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love that you used the panels for the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card! I love how you added the sentiment to each piece of patterned paper and the image is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Love your card. Love the sentiment set on each rectangle element.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable!!! Love that little critter and the papers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet and pretty card, Marianne! Happy ending to a wonderful Hop! Enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, love the layout. Beautiful colouring

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the design of this one Marianne and the pretty shades of pinks and lilacs.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute is this card! Loving how you've used the blocks for your lovely sentiment. Thanks for joining in with CC&S this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable and I love that paint chip, great use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. DELIGHTFUL card Marianne!!!
    LOVE your ADORABLE cup of kitty, LOVE your colour combo, LOVE how you have blocked the sentiment, LOVE IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute
    love the image!
    wonderful card!
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great way of using up your scraps, love all the design papers you used on your border and using as your sentiment, and the hedgehog peeking out of cup is adorable...clever and unique card, plus adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Love the tea cups and the gorgeous papers you used to create this fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable!!! Love the little pattern panels you added. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! Love the critter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute card. Love the great image and pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab make. Thanks for joining us in our Cream & Sugar challenge challenge at Polkadoodles
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fabulous, Marianne. I would LOVE to have you stop by and share your lovely cards with us in our FUN challenges at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you will play along.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Owner
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your image matches your sentiment swatch perfectly. Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet card. I love the sequins and white space. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so cute and love the soft pretty colours. Thanks for playing along at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute and a great colour selection. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable! I love all the pretty and different purple patterned papers and that cute little image! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so pretty. Thanks for joining us for our Cream & Sugar Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  30. Marianne, What a cute card and great interpretation of that sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. so sweet and love how you did the sentiment!!! thanks for playing along with Cards In Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete