Tuesday 26 August 2014

Vintage patterns - SAF 2014

I skipped a few centuries - although I did create a few wax seals to be used on two future cards - and grabbed the stamps from the 1940's set of the PTI SAF kit to recreate the Vintage pattern that Betsy Veldman had shown us. I did use slightly warmer colours and decided I liked the pattern after stamping my blue flowers onto the stamped red and yellow base pattern. This was my first time stamping an elaborate pattern and I loved it. The hardest part was deciding how to finish the card (red or blue banner, red or blue baker's twine or white twine, researching 1940s buttons on the Internet and then going through my stash of old buttons to find a suitable one...) LOL. Anyhow, here's my finished card and I really love how it turned out.


I'm also entering thismcard into the following challenges:
Addicted to CAS - Geometric

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an elaborate pattern and I love it, too. Good job! I think the blue banner pops and is just perfect and the button, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much time effort went into ths - I'm amazed! But it was well worth it, it's a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design and a great mix of colours - thank you for sharing with us the ATCAS geometric challenge - Sylvia. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous design I love the pattern. Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATCAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete