One of the most fun items I received in my PTI Stamp-a-faire kit was the mosaic die. I used it to cut a stencil and create a mosaic using some Aleene's true snow that I mixed with a tiny drip of Peacock feathers distress reinker (Ranger), but I haven't used it on a card yet. While my embossed layer was drying, I started another card for the SAF Mock Mosaics challenge. I did some stamping and then put my panel through my Cuttlebug with the mosaic stencil and then tried to keep all the puzzle pieces together by adhering strips of Post-it tape over the backside before removing the entire panel from the die. I temporarily taped the grid onto a piece of yellow cardstock and then painstakingly glued all my mosaic pieces into the grid openings using a glue pen.
After removing the grid, my stamped image looked a big mess, because the stamps I had used (Happy family by Echo Park) were too detailed for this technique to really work, so I decided to glue the grid in place and matted my panel onto green cardstock (Bazzill) and a Neenah Desert storm card base. I finished the card off with some twine and a tiny tag (coordinating set of Tiny tag stamps and dies by Simon Says Stamp).
I will definitely try this technique again, but then I will simply use some solid leaf stamps.