Sunday 2 April 2023

Card Chain Challenge - March 2023

Hello everyone. It's the 2nd of the month, which means it's time for the March Card Chain Challenge reveal, showing all of the cards that were exchanged this past month.

My card went to Kati in Germany


I was inspired by the sketch and my new stamps that came with a recent copy of Creative Stamping (#118). After stamping the big bumblebee, I carefully die cut the 3 segments using an MFT die, starting with the (whole) middle portion and then die cut one more whole piece from a scrap so that I could slightly pop up the middle piece. I coloured in this middle section using coloured pencils. I decided to use another die (SSS) to create a nice finish to my white card panel and adhered it to a green card base. I inlaid the side sections and the extra white piece before adhering my coloured piece.
I finished off with a sentiment strip from an assortment of die-cut foilable sentiments by Julie Hickey Designs that I had purchased together with the magazine.

I'm also linking up my card at:

SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

NBUS #49 - Always anything goes to show off you NBUS


12 comments:

  1. πŸ’›πŸπŸ’›this!! I saw this at the SSS Wednesday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is an anything goes inspired by a theme park. Your cute bee reminds me of the Busy Bees Ride at Dollywood, TN, USA. I invite you to come join the fun! Have a creative weekend. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great card! Love the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful take on the sketch with your colorful bee image, Marianne - love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors on your big bee Marianne - half covered in flowers and layered over the embossed die cut shapes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely spotlighting technique here Marianne, beautifully done for a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really exceptionally beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great take on the sketch - I love this so much! Thanks for being a link in our challenge and for your sweet comments on my blog! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful. Great use of the sketch and wonderful colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a cool Card and a perfect Colors.

    Greeting BAstelfeti

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the partial coloring - really works here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Marianne, lucky Kati!! Congratulations on being showcased at NBUS Challenge! Hugs Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous card beautifully coloured and I too really love that you only coloured part of the bee.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete