Saturday 19 February 2022

More greens

Hello everyone! I almost typed in 'Eat more greens!' as the title. I don't normally use much green on my cards but I am trying to incorporate more plants into my diet, so maybe that explains why I have 2 cards to share today that are predominantly green. Or maybe it's simply because I wanted to create cards for a few challenges LOL.

Anyway, my first card was created especially for the current Let's Squash It challenge, where I am guest designing this month. I thought this was a good moment to ink up my NBUS dandelion embossing folder (part of an embossing folder and stamp set, Fairy Wishes, Practical Publishing) that I bought last year or so. I used distress oxides and a small brayer to add colour to the EF before running it through my die cutting machine with a panel of Crafter's Companion watercolour card. I repeated my inking with the various greens until I was happy with the coverage. I stamped the block of sentiments (NBUS Subway Art: Dare, STAMPlorations) using the darkest green ink. I used the photopolymer stamp but I have just discovered that is also available as a digital set, together with the Subway Art Create sentiments. For my insect, I used this sweet ladybug brad from a NBUS set that I bought from the Eyelet Outlet many years ago. On the spur of the moment, I decided to also stamp a snail from the Fairy Wishes stamp set. I did not want to trim my panel, so I added it to an A6 card base.

I'm linking up my card at:

Let's Squash It - #17 Green + insect


We Love Stamping - AG with stamping (option: stencil)

Stamping Sensations - AG stamping (option: wings or tails)

NBUS - #35 AG with NBUS


STAMPlorations - Never-ending AG with STAMPlorations




My second card is one for my Christmas stash. I used a previously stamped and gold heat embossed panel from my UFO box. To add a little more interest, I matted the panel with a slightly larger white panel before adhering it to my green card base.


I'm linking up this card at:

52CCT - Green, white and gold



CHNC - #581 AG Christmas

HLS Christmas - AG Christmas




12 comments:

  1. Wonderful green on Christmas card.
    Melissa CHNC Christmas Design Team 2022
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very different cards Marianne (personally I love green and use a lot)m the second is more your usual style but the fist is beautifully done as well.

    Many thanks for sharing, going green and joining in at Stamping Sensation and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike! Lovely cards, Marianne, and how lovely that you made another card for our challenge together, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great green cards Marianne - your little ladybird and snail are just right for the dandelion EF... and congrats on the GD spot at Let's Squash It, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beauties, Marianne! Congratulations on guest designing for Let's Squash it! You got great coverage with your ink on the folder. I also love your CASlicious second design with that pretty green, gold sediment, and lots of white! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS - you used a lot of it!👍 Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful makes. Your first one is a great way to use that EF. Love the CAS design of the second one. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green is my favourite colour so you have won me over just with the colour. Two lovely cards. Love the texture on the first one. thank you for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. More green! Love them both but the Christmas card really blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely cards! Your little ladybird looks right at home there and I love the sentiment too. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clean and simple design of your Christmas card. The gold embossing against the green is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That green gold combo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete