Monday 5 October 2020

Happy Birthday rainbow stripes

Hello crafty friends. Have you been crafting this weekend to celebrate World Card Making Day?
I have, and here are the first two cards I have created.

To get the creative juices flowing, I kept things very simple. While I was rearranging some of my crafty supplies last week, my eye fell on this striped paper from a NBUS paper pad that I discovered in my local supermarket last year. It instantly reminded me of the rainbow colours from the challenge graphic at Seize the Birthday, who are celebrating their 200th challenge this fortnight.


The challenge graphic inspired me to add 2 balloons that I die cut from coloured vellum using the smallest balloon from a SSS die set. To mimic the scripty font on the image, I used my NBUS Happy Birthday die (by Chloe) to die cut the sentiment from black cardstock and the outline from vellum. I love that the set comes with 3 dies (sentiment, shadow and outline) as well as a stamp for maximum versatility. I used a fine Micron pen to add the strings to the balloons.


The papers in the paper pad are all double sided, with a plain print on one side and added glitter elements on the other. I used the plain side on my first card, but decided to use the glitter side for my second card that was supposed to be a shaker card. But after I finishing the card, I discovered the glitter (Ice Maiden, Sparkelicious by Chloe) had stuck to the acetate (even though I did use my powder tool before adding the glitter in an attempt to decrease any static). So now it looks like I have used holographic card instead.

I'm linking up my first card at:

Seize the Birthday - #200 Inspired by the graphic


SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

NBUS #19 - Anything goes with NBUS


As you like it - Favourite: bright or pastel

Actually, I love both. It all depends on the type 
of card, colouring medium (if any) and mood. 
But I love rainbows and rainbows should be bright, right?!


7 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paper for the background on this card. I love that scripty font that is perfect for the this challenge and I can see how you were inspired! Thanks for joining in our 200th Challenge at Seize the Birthday! Good luck!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when I see a Twofer out of one piece of paper. I am not sure which one I like better! Although, I do think using vellum balloons was really smart as they are so realistic. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday for our 200th Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 lovely cards that would suit so many age groups. Thanks for joining the AYLI challenge, good luck!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What bright and festive rainbow striped birthday cards, Marianne! They are everything a birthday card should be! It's cool how the holographic sediment came about! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love stripes - have so many DP of stripes - need to drag them out again. Your cards are so very pretty and clean. Stay safe & well - Cheers Maurs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never go wrong with stripes! These cards couldn't be any happier and are thus perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete