Thursday 25 June 2020

Circle fun

Hi there! I'm popping in with my twofer circle cards for this month, using a couple of nested circle dies (Lifestyle Crafts).


Since I needed an anniversary card, I decided to go with a white embossed panel and to revisit a technique that I had used before on this Christmas card. But this time I used several circle rings instead of a snowflake inside my circle frame. I die cut the largest circle from the white panel as well as my light grey card base. I could not find a suitable sentiment stamp saying 'Happy Anniversary', so I used a 'Congratulations' stamp (Altenew) instead, which I heat embossed in liquid platinum ep onto a die cut banner. I also heat embossed a scrap of card stock, from which I die cut a heart.


For my second card, I die cut two of the circles from vellum to create a stencil to do some ink blending and then used the partial die cutting technique to die cut the top of my panel. For my third balloon, I first used the larger stencil circle to do my ink blending and then used the smaller circle die to die cut it. I embossed the smaller die cut vellum circle using an older embossing folder and adhered that to the bottom balloon, that I popped up using foam tape. 
I adhered my panel to an almost square card, with the fold hiding behind the balloons.


I'm playing at:

Twofer Card Challenge - #28 Circles/Bubbles



My birthday card is also playing at:

CAS Mix Up - Embossed vellum
(embossed vellum, stamping, die cutting, ink blending, heat embossing)


SSS Wednesday - Anything goes


My anniversary card is also playing at:

HLS - Anything goes with dies


Watercooler Wednesday - #227 All about occasions



11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and clever, Marianne, as always! Your twirling circles anniversary card is going to be a huge hit with the happy recipients! It is both extremely elegant and a whole lot of fun! And your birthday balloon card is just bursting with festivity! I love that you made it unique by having the balloons pop up above the fold of the card! Love the sediment font, too! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #28! I hope you are both keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome circle cards, Marianne! That anniversary card is stunning, and I'm betting that the happy couple will just love it. The embossing is lovely, as is your use of the platinum embossing powder. But those hanging circles are really eye-catching! Very cool. And what a fabulous birthday card! Love that you made three different balloons. It's a very happy birthday card! Thank you for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, I love how you used the vellum on your balloon card, very creative. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fantastic card designs Marianne! Your many circle card is so pretty with the dry embossing and the platinum embossing. The heart in the center is sweet and perfect for an anniversary card. Your circle balloons card is so fun. Love the mix of colours and the dry embossed design on one balloon. Great design to have the balloons going off the edge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great little cards the congrats card is very stylish and the birthday card looks so simple but it is very clever. I really like how you have used partial diecutting and the embossed vellum. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two amazing cards, Marianne! The twirling embossed circles are so festive yet elegant! Love the colorful balloons with the embossed vellum balloon! Awesome way to display them too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards, Marianne. I love your vellum balloons, colors and CAS design of your birthday card. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really delightful creations as always Marianne.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. two beautiful projects. Your balloon card is delightful. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weer mooie Twoferkaarten Marianne.
    De tweede kaart klinkt ingewikkeld, maar ik geloof dat ik het begrepen heb. Mooie kleuren combi. Xx Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such happy balloons! Both cards are quite something, pretty straightforward but still with some wonderful effects!

    ReplyDelete