Wednesday 22 January 2020

Playing with new goodies

Last week, the last of my Black Friday orders finally made their way to Crete and I could not wait to start playing with some of my new goodies.

I knew which products I wanted to play with first, and last week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches inspired the design of my card. Sadly, I did not get around to share it there.


For my background, I blended some warm grey ink (Altenew) through my new stencil (Holiday Sweater, SSS) and then used an older die (A2 Card Curved Edge, SSS) to add the curve to my panel. I die cut this irresistible gnome (Li'l Gnome, SSS) from several scraps of cardstock. I used alcohol markers to add some shading and foam-mounted it to my background panel. I had already stamped and die cut a bunch of sentiments using the Christmas Word Mix 1 stamp and die set (SSS) and selected a few that I had heat-embossed in liquid platinum, and popped them up using thin foam tape.

Here's the sketch I've used:


I'm playing at:

CAS Stencil - Use a new stencil


Jingle Belles - Look what Santa brought me


SSS Wednesday - Use a stencil

ATSM - #373 Holiday


And because I've been a good girl 
and used some of those snippets 
that I can never seem to part with, 
I'm also going to have a play at


This sweet gnome die is just perfect for
using up loads of scraps, even patterned papers...




10 comments:

  1. Your Li'l Gnome is wonderful and looks well at home atop the lovely Nordic style stencil. really like the heart sentiment too. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so simple and yet full of detail. I love the curved edge, the subtle stencilling, the heart and the colouring on your gnome, a very clever combination. Shame you missed the deadline for Freshly Made Sketches. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Marianne! Love the stenciling in the background. Your cute gnome steals the show in his bright red finery! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG..I Love your new Holiday Sweater Stencil and adorably dressed Gnome, Marianne:-) The Sketch you used was the perfect CAS design for your Christmas card. So pleased you joined us at CAS Stencil. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect color for your background stencil ... and perfect shading on your gnomie ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous die that is Marianne - and such a cute card! So fresh and clean looking.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this double-sediment design with that cute gnome, Marianne! I have mine out on my desk ready to break out of its NBUS shackles! Thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a fun and fab card and a great use of those awesome goodies from santa! (that subtle stenciling really takes this card to the next level!) thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun this fortnight! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable holiday card, Marianne. Love the little festive gnome. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Scandinavian feel of this card and that die (or rather what you've made with it) really is adorable!

    ReplyDelete