Tuesday 29 January 2019

First cards of this year

Hello crafty friends. I have finally resurfaced after 2 months of silence on the blog. With my husband's recurring health issues and his surgery early December, followed by a slow recovery, I simply did not have the time or the energy to do any crafting. The weekend before last, I finally managed a little crafty time in my craftroom and even managed to create 2 cards for different challenges. I did not manage to post them on the blog before some of the linkys closed but I am just in time for a couple of other challenges I wanted to join.


First up, I have this Christmas card. I started by blending some silver pigment ink through my new stencil (part of the Tiny wreath bundle by Gina K), but when I realised it would take too long to dry, I sprinkled clear embossing ink on top and heat embossed it. I then blended several distress inks over my panel and added some water droplets before die cutting it with my new MFT die. The white heat-embossed sentiment is a favourite from an older stamp set by Studio Calico. I foam-mounted my panel onto some Fog cardstock (SSS) and finished off with a few sequins.

I'm playing at:

 Jingle Belles - Look what Santa brought me (i.e. new schtuff)

CCAYR January - Let it snow

Sparkles Forum - #112 New year, new stash

Sparkles Forum Christmas - #96 Add some sparkle



My birthday card came together really quickly after seeing a tv commercial. I stamped the banners and sentiment from my NBUS Birthday Stacks set (Concord & 9th) in Black Jack ink (Catherine Pooler) and used the single solid stamp on a few of the banner flags. Easy peasy. I did die cut my panel using a stitched rectangle die (SSS) and foam-mounted it to my card base.

I'm playing at:

Seize the Birthday - #157 Stamping only!


Aud Sentiments - #219 Anything goes with a sentiment



12 comments:

  1. Good to see you back crafting and sincerely Hope DH is on the mend? What a stunning Christmas card and the blue background against the silver is beautiful. Such a classy birthday card, with great stamping and love the mono tones x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, both very elegant. Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were sorely missed - I do hope that life continues to calm down at your end so that you find more time for your creative streak again. Also, I hope that your husband is on the mend now. Your cards are gorgeous - but nothing else it to be expected!
    Cheers, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous sparkly Christmas card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges, I do hope you'll join us again next month,
    Love Jacky x
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CCAYR, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely Christmas card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Aud Sentiments.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i'm so sorry i missed this (and a couple of other cards!) on wednesday!!! what a beautiful card, i'm so happy you are back to cardmaking and hanging out with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you were able to find some time to get inky again ... we've missed you ... that silver ink is so gorgeous with that stencil ... so glad you shared your new goodies with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas card is really lovely! Thanks for joining us at CCAYR! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad to have you back and I really hope that your husband is making a good recovery. We will be here whenever you need us, but it's good to see you being creative again - and with Christmas cards already. You put me to shame! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete