Monday 27 February 2017

Spreading a little kindness

Hello there! I'm back with another card using marbling techniques.


For this card I used 3 marbled panels: the blue background and the panel for my stamped flowers were made using alcohol inks on vellum, while the panel with my sentiment was made using a different marbling technique. When I was researching paper marbling techniques, I found examples of the suminagashi technique. I decided to give it a go using the supplies I had on hand, that is, reinkers instead of inks. I used some small yupo panels that I had lying ready on my craft table. Probably not the best choice, because it's a synthetic paper and ultra smooth. That's why the colours dried up very soft and light, but I really like this soft look. I hope to give this technique another go using regular cardstock soon.

I heat embossed my sunflowers (In Bloom: Anna's Flora, Winnie & Walter) in white embossing powder (SSS) and then heat embossed the flower hearts in sticky embossing powder (Ranger) and added gilding flakes. I fussy cut the flowers, leaving a small border.

I arranges my flowers and sentiment stamps and then stamped my sentiments (Kindness with Evelin T Designs, Winnie & Walter) using Archival jet black ink. To ground my sentiment, I added a tiny strip of my inked blue vellum, which I was left with after trimming my panel to size.

Challenges:
W&W 3rd Birthday Bash - Off the Page with Keren




SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

2 comments:

  1. Those sun flower are absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and panel. I totally wanted to try the suminagashi technique too but time was against me! Love the finished look! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete