Tuesday 1 November 2016

More gold

When I realised that the linky at Taheerah's Gossip column challenge over at the Winnie & Walter blog would be closing soon, I just had to try and put together another card using a few elements I had already created.


I started with a panel that I created about a year ago, when I was playing with some gold acrylic paint and added some left-over paint onto a few card panels. Tonight, I repeated stamped the pine image from the Winter Woodland set by Winnie & Walter (can you tell how much I love this set?) in green ink. Because the dye ink did not dry immediately on the gold paint, I decided to heat emboss my stamping using clear embossing powder befor adding a little light blue sponging. I just love the way it defines the gold edges. I had heat embossed the Merry die cut (Winnie & Walter) last month, when I wanted to experiment with a heat-embossing technique I had seen Julie Ebersole use, to see if I could mimick the piece of gold ore that Taheerah showed in her post.


I started by heat embossing the entire die cut using Liquid Platinum (Ranger) and then sprinkled some gold embossing powder (Wow) on top, followed by a sprinkle of Ranger gold ep, which has a coarser structure than the Wow ep. Here's another picture where you can see the gold granules on top of the liquid platinum.


I adhered my panel to a red card base (Simon Says Stamp) and finished off with a few gold and clear sequins from one of the shaker mixes from Luy's Little Things.

Challenges:
Taheerah's Gossip Column at W&W - No. 5 Precious metals


Christmas Card Challenge - 46 Anything goes


Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes

8 comments:

  1. Awesome technique!! Love your card...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another beauty Marianne, a real touch of elegance to this one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too beautiful for words - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Marianne! It's so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, and perfect for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Simple design, but so lovely!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea to mimic the gold ore - I really can see the resemblance and the end result is amazing!! A lot of effort went into that panel and it was well worth it! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gave techniek en een erg mooie kaart, Marianne!

    ReplyDelete