Sunday 21 February 2016

Happy birthday friend

Today's card was inspired by Heather P's colour challenge for Winnie&Walter's 2nd birthday bash. Her challenge was to create a card incorporating coral, lime/chartreuse and aqua/light turquoise.


I used the yet to be released Pattern of the Rings stencil by W&W (also used for my cards in this post) as a guide to stamp the burst image from Eva's Favorite Flowers (W&W; both the stencil and the stamp set were included in Catherine Pooler's first SOA box, the Friend collection, as was the Friend die by CAS-ual Fridays) in Abandoned coral distress ink.

I then used a sponge dauber to apply Salty ocean distress ink through the diamond apertures in the stencil and then stamped the small flower heart from the Eva stamp set on top using Limeade ice ink by Papertrey Ink. The friend sentiment was die cut from black cs and from white cs to which I applied the coral ink I had also used for my stamping. The happy birthday sentiment is from a small stamp set by Avery Elle and was stamped in black. The stamped panel was then cut to size and adhered to my black card base.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
W&W - Heather P's colour challenge
W&W - Gayatri's background challenge

I'm also playing at:
Seize the Birthday - Anything goes, no toppings for me
ATSM - 181 Anything goes
Happy Little Stampers - Pre Birthday Celebration





6 comments:

  1. That's lovely - I love the patterned background and that the sentiment die cut matches so perfectly but has the hint of black underneath. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - I love that color comination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely background and color combo. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool background! And great color combo!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely project, Marianne! Gorgeous background.Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love how you used the stencil here. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete