Wednesday 4 April 2012

Happy Hybrid Holiday 2012

This fortnight, the Jingle Belles have challenged us to use digital elements on our Christmas cards. After seeing their gorgeous paper piecing examples, I decided to follow their example and make a super hybrid card, involving digital papers, a digital image (kindly "donated" for this challenge by Robyn's Fetish, who are sponsoring the challenge this fortnight), 3D layering (did not want thick layers, so I did not use dimensionals), paper-piecing, colouring with Spectrum Noirs, both on the base layer and for adding extra dimension on the paper-pieced elements. To finish it off, I added some tiny pearls with a Viva pearl pen. I also used a few more of my tiny stickers for the sentiment and corner embellishment.


I first printed the digital image on white colouring paper and coloured the holly leaves, berries and bell with Spectrum Noirs. I then printed the image again on on digital freebie paper from Create with TLC and then fussy cut the green stuff. The ribbon and the three background layers are from a digital paper set that I selected at My Grafico after winning a challenge that they were sponsoring. I cropped the digital background layers in Word, added the green and red outlines and printed this in one go. I really like this background, so it's a good thing I saved it to be used again for other cards.

Below is a close-up of the image:

This week, I actually managed to stick to the (optional) theme over at Christmas Card Challenge, which was the following sketch:


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Jingle Belles - Happy Hybrid Holiday 2012
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Feelin' sketchy (use sketch provided or any other sketch)
CHNC - #66 Get sentimental (my sentiment may be tiny, but it's there!)
Christmas Card Challenge - #18 Sketch (theme always optional)
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes

11 comments:

  1. holy ♥WOW♥ that is FABULOUS! not only a GORGEOUS card all on its own, but also a tour-de-force of hybrid cardmaking options--real AND digital paper piecing AND hand coloring too!!! just stunning and totally impressive in every possible way! (& again i say, "WOW!") ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love all the detail - and, yes, I can see the sentiment - lol! - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 66 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza ... love the fabulous dimension you achieved with your paper piecing ... great coloring too ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! LOVE the dimensional bits and the coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely image with the beautiful colors
    thanks for joining us at CSAYL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo, just love that plaid bow!!! So pretty. Thanks for joining us at CSAYL this week :>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card Marianne! I love the paper piecing with the coloring and the frame around the image panel is fabulous! I only thing I can do is with digital designs is print them out for coloring...I'm terrible with the computer!
    I'm glad you've been enjoying some sunny weather because it sure hasn't been here! Hopefully Mr. Sun will be around next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the layering!
    Thanks for joining in at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant image and love the way you have layered it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card! Love the dimensions~ thanks for playing along at CCC!

    ReplyDelete