Saturday 3 March 2012

Butterflies

This week, I had to make a birthday card for a friend who loves nature, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use the Fairy Tale Butterflies digital freebie that I downloaded last month over at Create with TLC.


I created a square in Word and used one of the colour filling options (bit map pattern called "Briefpapier" in Dutch, so it's probably called sth. like "Writing paper" in English) to create the basis for my background. I placed the green butterfly on top and sent it to the printer. I printed the same butterfly again and cut it out, so I could mask my first green butterfly before stamping the background florals/swirls with a Viva decor cling stamp and Antique linen distress ink (Ranger's). I then cut out my square to size and rubbed the edges with more Antique linen and some Dried marigold. I printed the orange butterfly and attached it with a few foam pads for dimension. The sentiment is from a sentiment set from Ladybugs Crafts Ink. I cut it out with a Spellbinders tag die and applied some distress ink. The CS, gems and ribbon are from my stash.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments - #49 Happy Birthday
Do You Stack Up - #61 Things with wings
Ooh La La - Photo inspiration (orange and green)
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
Charisma Cardz - #8 Masking (+ optional: use 3 stamps)
Allsorts - #144 Spread your wings
OSAAT - #102 Use digi + Spring
Paperplay - #9 Sth. new, sth. old (new digi, old everything else)

18 comments:

  1. what a lovely card such a great take on the challenge this week at OOh La la
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple......simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT. Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting and original approach of the masking. Magnificent graphic effect and 3D. Bravo ! It's very successful !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Card, thanks so much for playing with us at OSAAT.

    I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

    Xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely Marianne and a nice crisp elegant feel.

    Thanks so much for joining in my Things with Wings theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a beautiful card I love butterflies and I have to agree a fabulous take on our challenge
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la I do hope we see you again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love those layered butterflies!
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an elegant card! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge with this creation and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love the dimension of the butterflies! So simply elegant, well done. Thanks for playing with us at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. a beautiful card Marianne! Thanks for joining in our Masking challenge this week at Charisma Cardz and good luck! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done, Thanks so much for joining in at Paper Play this week
    hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  13. so soft and pretty, I love the butterflies nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely elegant card! Thanks so much for playing along with our masking challenge this week at Charisma. Good luck and hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pretty soft tones of your card... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card I love the layout very effective!!

    thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete