Monday 30 May 2011

X-mas in grey and red

I'm still working on my X-mas cards. This time I thought I would try something in grey and red. As before, I used one A5 sheet to create two different cards. And I must say I'm quite happy with how they turned out.


I made this card for the following challenges:
Christmas Cards All Year Round – sketch, see below




Materials used:
Patterned paper: Marianne Design – Scandinavian Christmas
Scalloped circles: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Stamp: Marianne Design, coloured with Derwent pencils
"Fur" on Santa hat: Aleene's True Snow
Sentiment: created on the pc using Word
Stars: from my stash

The card below is my 4th card this month for the CCAYR challenge (see sketch above). Four down, one to go, so I'd better hurry to get the last one finished in time. This card is also for the Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge (use some ribbon).


Materials used:
Patterned paper: Marianne Design – Scandinavian Christmas
Scalloped circles: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Poinsettias: Marianne Design die
Label: Spellbinders Shapeabilities
Sentiment: StudioLight stamp
Ribbon: from my stash

2 comments:

  1. I like the grey and red combo - very striking. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 22 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for late to leave commet.:o
    This is so cute! Love the little animal. And the flowers are so pretty, too.
    Thanks for sharing it at SMC.
    Don't forget to visit SMC to join our June new release blog hop.:)
    ~darling Ho~SMC-DT

    ReplyDelete