Sunday 31 December 2017

Two more Christmas cards

Hello everyone. I thought I would pop in quickly with two more Christmas cards that I created for next year's stack.


First up, I have this CAS card that was inspired by this month's Rerun challenge over at the Winnie & Walter blog, featuring the Comfort + Joy stamp set. I was also greatly inspired by Kelly's card, so I decided to pair the as yet unused jingle bells stamps from the set with two of my new Catherine Pooler inks (Juniper mist and Sauna, from the new Spa collection), since they are great for generational stamping (among other things).
After stamping, I trimmed down my panel and mounted it onto a blue card (probably by SSS). I stamped one of the sentiments from the same set in Juniper mist onto a scrap of cardstock, cut it to size and then lightly pressed all edges into the very juicy Juniper ink pad. Since these ink pads have a soft foam cushion, a gentle press is enough to ink up the edges. I mounted my sentiment strip using foam tape and my card was done.

I'm linking up this card at:

W&W Rerun No. 26 - Comfort + Joy


Tuesday Morning Sketches - #424 Anything goes
(It's been ages since I've played along, 
but with the current AG theme and a 
mega prize, I had no excuse for not playing)



My second card is also pretty CAS, but more on the cute side. I used some left-overs from my left-overs box, including this previously printed snowman, which is part of the Winter Wryn and Snowman digi by Tiddly Inks. I used Paint to erase part of Wryn that was overlapping and then drew in a few lines to make the snowman look complete again. Obviously, he has hidden one arm behind his back, wanting us all to guess what he is hiding there LOL. I trust that this alteration is not a violation of Tiddly Ink's Angel policy.


I adhered my white panel and the PP circle, stamped the sentiment (Love peace & joy, SSS - Suzy Plantamura) and popped up my snowman, that I coloured using Promarkers and fussy cut. To finish off, I added a little shimmer to the snowman's hat and added Glossy accents to the eyes and buttons as well as on the heart and the snowflakes.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Passion for Promarkers - #424 Mega Christmas challenge - Add a sentiment

I love Promarkers- #349 Anything goes

Tiddly Inks - # 208 Be Merry



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tiddly Inks! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, love the jingle bell stamp on the first one and the deep blue base is gorgeous. The cute snowman on the second against the patterned paper looks great :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more totally delightful creatiosn for our CAS theme at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in. And I am well impressed that you are getting organised so far ahead.

    Happy New Year.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant cards . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny DT forI ♥promarkers My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just keep going! Happy New Year! Again, two lovely cards - and though I tend to be on the cute team and never seem to find a way to put bells to good use, I have to say that the first one really captured my attention. I love it!
    Cheers
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really pretty card Marianne. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. Great CAS layout and the soft colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us for our Mega Christmas challenge over at Passion for Promarkers. Good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful cards! I love the cas design and the soft, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards. The first one is so beautifully CAS and I love the colours too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both wonderful!
    Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete