Sunday 24 December 2017

Joy from me to you - Merry Christmas

The weather outside is cold (to Cretan standards anyway) and wet. Yesterday and today, we finally got some rain after many dry months. But although we badly need this rain, I'm happy to be able to stay inside where it's nice and warm.

We are hoping to celebrate a quiet Christmas tomorrow, which means I have more time left for crafting. Yay!

I will also be posting a few cards for a couple of challenges. Here's the first one.


I blended warm grey ink (Altenew) through a stencil (Scrolled Background, MFT) on my card base, using more ink in the middle of the stencil and using a lighter hand to fade the colour outwards to create the look of a snowflake. I added a frame that I had die cut using an MFT die (Stitched rectangle scallop edge). The sentiment (Merry Everything, MFT) was heat embossed in gold (Papermania) and cut using a die. A few gold sequins finished things off.

I'm playing at:

CAS Mix Up - I used stamping + heat embossing, 
die cutting, blending through a stencil and bling


CAS-ual Fridays - CFC189 Dreaming of a white Christmas


HLS Christmas - Anything goes (optional: stencil)


STAMPlorations CAS - Anything CAS goes (optional: gold)





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant Christmas card Marianne!! Love that stencil and the warm gray ink you've used. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a classy design, Marianne! I love the soft stenciled background and the embossed sentiment adds so much richness! Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful design on this card Marianne! love the soft stenciling, the gold sentiment overlay and the pretty scalloped framing! Thank you for joining us in the CAS Mix up - and wishing you a Merry Christmas! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely CAS design and I love the soft stencilled background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your image has a wonderfully soft feel to it. Somehow a very peaceful card!
    Cheers
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your CAS card design - thanks for sharing your project at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete